I’m trying to get through this

justhere

Hi all,

As some of you are aware for the past three months or so I’ve had many instances of increasing symptoms (mostly DP/DR) and I don’t think I ever got back to baseline.

I did not take any drugs, meds, supplements—some kind of psycho somatic reaction? Trauma? I have no idea 

All I know is for about two weeks I’ve not been able to come back down—It’s absolutely terrifying and has greatly impaired my daily functioning. 

I just started Lamotrigine and also have some Lion’s Mane I may try...I am that desperate for relief 

I am also going to try and get Valium...even if it just makes me not care about the horror movie I’m living in—I said in March that Klonopin appeared to worsen me but how is this possible? It’s the BIG one for us...could that also been some weird mental reaction that made the dp worse? 

My future looks incredibly bleak if I can’t find some way to reduce either my symptoms or my anxiety/depression...I’m going to have to try everything until I find what works for me 

all of that said—it’s almost two years since Paxil gave me DP and I’ve learned so much talking with you all and about this condition in general...looking forward to the day where I can come back and have proper chat and bit of laugh about all this absurdity 

I think it's worth trying a few benzo types. 

I was getting good relief from Lorazepam, then it started making me quite anxious and manic for no real reason. I try not to over think these things and just move on to try the next thing. 

Keep on fighting! Jay

Yeah it’s all just so interesting how benzos really do seem actually to reduce both visuals and dp for some (as is your case)—Clonazepam didn’t touch either for me but did make me not care about my symptoms which is good enough I suppose. Unfortunately I’m kind of in a shit area as far as mental health help and was denied the Valium today—I’ll have to meet with a psychiatrist (paying out of my pocket) to hopefully get it. 

Also may give good ol’ neurofeedback another shot 

thanks 

@justhere Have you looked into this?

Since my symptoms has had zero improvement and instead kept on getting worse, no matter what I've done and what is recommended for HPPD, I've started treating a possible infection. I had neuro lyme back in 2008, and so seem a number of people in the forum have had before they developed HPPD. And then there are people with lyme who have VSS and who have never touched drugs, so I personally believe there can be some sort of casuality there, especially when nothing works. Might be worth investigating for you. Seek the forum for lyme posts and you'll find a bunch of interesting posts. We also have a discord group where we talk a lot about this, and a few people with reduced symptoms if you'd like to join.

I have looked at that thread before and just did another quick skim...lots of good ideas (and on this forum in general...seemed to be a period between 2013-2017 where people theorizing like mad)—I think inverse agonists are the way to go...once more become publicly available 

Never tested positive for Lyme myself but I’ve heard  the standard tests can be bunk so you never know—though I don’t have any physical symptoms (just some balance issues likely related to dp/dr) so who knows...

Never used discord but will look into it 

thanks 

Chronic lyme is extremely hard to test for. I do have a lot of other symptoms, I don't test positive currently even on the better tests, but it doesn't really mean anything, since all of them basically look for antibodies on active infections, i.e. your body is actively fighting it. If you have a lowered immune system it might not even fight it i.e. no immune response, no positive test.