Dark room therapy

What about staying in dark for an extended time like 48 hours.

Dark therapy has been shown to reduce symptoms of bipolar disorder. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9611672

So it basically gives the brain rest. Would it reduce the hyperexcitability of the lingual gyrus what we need ? Maybe from evolutionary persective we should seek rest in dark to protect and heal our light sensitivity?

It's an interesting idea and one I have thought about before... I'm just scared about letting my mind run amok without distractions of tv, phone etc ... my thinking gets VERY strange/trippy!

1 hour ago, Jay1 said:

It's an interesting idea and one I have thought about before... I'm just scared about letting my mind run amok without distractions of tv, phone etc ... my thinking gets VERY strange/trippy!

Maybe you should build it up to get used to it. I am going to try it.

Another quote:

Kittens placed in a dark-room for 10 or 15 days (but not 5 days) at 30 days of age exhibited significantly reduced levels of neurofilament compared with 40-day-old normally reared animals, indicating that dark exposure has returned their visual cortex into a structurally less mature state.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960982213000699

1 hour ago, Jay1 said:

Will be interested to hear how you get on. Do you meditate? I think meditation techniques will be essential to get through it

I dont meditate because I am always sleepless, which causes me stress. With stress it is difficult for me to 'chill'. So, first thing I want to do is improve my sleep.

How is your sleep pattern, how much do you sleep and what time?

It is not great... I have different cycles of insomnia... Sometimes I can't sleep until, say, 4am, then rise at 7am... Other times, I fall asleep at midnight and then wake at 4am and don't get back to sleep. Currently, I am in a cycle where i sleep from about midnight until 2am, then get back to sleep again at 5am until 7am.