What can be a trigger for visuals?

I have HPPD for like 1.5 months right now. This week my snow, static vision and also tinnitus got a bit worse. At first the only way I could see snow was looking to the sky. Now I can see it almost everywhere. What could have been a trigger for it? And how to avoid these relapses? 

Edited by Gabriel S.D

Coffee, alcohol, SSRIs and some other meds, stress, more drugs (of course). I also think that, once you start seeing visual issues, you naturally start looking out for them more.

For me, just staring at something when my mind isn't focused and the visuals kick in.  Surfaces with seemingly random patterns trigger it immediately.  Sidewalks, road surfaces, textured ceilings, etc.  Cannabis is a huge trigger so I gave that up a long time ago.  Lack of sleep, antihistamines, and caffeine also makes it worse.

Thanks for the replies! It's really strange because I don't use any meds, coffe or drugs. I'm starting thinking this happened because of the food I've been eating these last days (yesterday for example I ate a lot of pizza, a bad idea I guess). I'll try to cut heavy carbs and see what happens (a semi keto diet). In a few days I tell if there's any noticeable improvment. Peace!