Naltrexone

Just wanted to make a quick post about my experience with naltrexone. I began regular dosing a few days ago at around 1.5mg at night with the intention of increasing my endorphins through rebound the next day.

My experience has been rather pleasant, I must say. My initial impression of it was positive in thag it quickly reduced a headache I had been suffering from for days. I have experienced no negative effects so far.

ive begin dosing earlier in the day now because I find it has a wonderful mood stabilizing effect (reduced irritability especially) and reduces my anxiety levels. Additionally, it seems to help my cognition as well. I’m more articulate and focused. It also seems to make me feel physically comfortable; something that is rare for me.

roght now I generally dose 1.5mg every 4-6 hours. 

Im hesitant, because I react badly to lots of different things and something that helps me is apt to turn on me rapidly, but so far it seems this is a good medication for me. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Hi hope! 

Id love to give an update— so far it’s going pretty well. Sometimes I take it for a week or so and then forget to but I always notice it being a positive thing. It just puts me in a better mood. And if I’m feeling overstimulated from my methylation protocol it helps reduce nerve pain symptoms and if I’m feeling disassociated it can help pull me out .i really give it an a+ particularly because it has very very few side effects I notice. Perhaps s little lighter sleep on the first night or two I take it? 

I developed hppd many times in my life. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever not felt it since it probably started when I was around 6 with Ritalin. That being said, I didn’t have my first serious stint with it until I abused dextromethorphan when I was 20. I didn’t have any visual problems from it, but the mental ones were there. This largely healed over the course of the next year or so.

Then I took mushrooms and developed it really bad. I took six months off of hallucinogens and felt emotionally better but still cognitively impaired somewhat.then I took probably an oz of mushrooms in a month. That really was a dumb idea but I was young and naive. I didn’t even know what hppd was.

i had growing and shrinking of objects minorly. Brain fog, surfacing of addictions, depression, etc etc.

and then I got nbombed with my friends. Three days later I woke up and the world was absolutely insane. I was a different person. 40 iq points lower. An emotional wreck. Disassociated. Weed made me panic. Dysphoric. 

I tried to recover with time time but never really did. Eventually a run with a bunch of supplements and most importantly oxiracetam and coluracetam usage has seemed to leave me with permanent brain dysfunction. Oxiracetam and coluracetam left me in a state of hppd that I describe as at least 100 times worse than what I got from traditional hallucinogens. Absolute hell. It’s a miracle I didnt kill myself. God knows I asked my family to do it.

years later, and post an indescribable amount of agony, I have managed to regain a large portion of my sanity and emotional functioning. I had to do an enormous amount of research though and try (in a calculated risk vs gain analysis) a lot of different medications and nootropics. I’m happy to say that I’m probably 50 percent back to my old self. 

Its been a journey and has and has helped me grow in so many ways. People often remark that my views on things are that of an 80 year old man. I think that’s because as we suffer, we grow. It gives an outlook on life that can be positive in a weird way. I don’t take things for granted like a lot of my peers. I relish days of good health and the people in my life. I’m careful with my body and mind; my relationships and emotions.

this was honestly a very brief synopsis of my hppd and mental/physical health journey. One day I’ll write a full one, but for now this will have to do ?