Participants wanted for new research on visual snow by a Dutch medical center

----- This post is especially important for the Dutch guys out here on the forum -----

Recently I received a mail from Brijder Jeugd (rehab center) where they tell about a new upcoming research by a neurological department from a medical center about visual snow sufferers, and they're looking for people that want to participe in the research. This could be another opportunity to shred some light on the visual snow and HPPD. The research is targeted for Dutch people but I wouldn't hesitate contacting them in English if you're interested in the research. You can reach them by sending an e-mail to the address below:

visualsnowonderzoek@lumc.nl

If you're interested about the medical center, you can visit their website with the link below:

Leiden University Medical Center
https://www.lumc.nl/?setlanguage=English

Thanks for your time :)

Note: I'm not related to the LUMC in any way

Edited by thelostreceptor

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Alex_Irvine
      Hey guys, I posted my survey link on the introductions page some weeks back. I just thought I'd put it out here again. The survey will be online for around 2 weeks longer so wanted to make sure anyone who might be interested gets the chance to participate. The survey will take around 15-20 minutes to complete depending on responses. The survey is investigating individual differences in those experiencing HPPD. The project is supervised by well-established psychedelic researcher, Dr. David Luke. The survey has been ethically approved by University of Greenwich, UK. If you haven't completed it and are interested to participate it would be much appreciated!   Thanks, Alex   https://greenwichuniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9tPkqFu2yAaNHOl
    • By Alex_Irvine
      Hi there,
      My name is Alex, I'm a third-year psychology student at University Greenwich (London, UK).
      Although I don't have HPPD, I'm very interested in understanding more about it.  As such, my final-year research project is a survey investigating individual differences and HPPD. 
      My research project is under the supervision of Dr. David Luke, a long-standing psychedelic researcher in the UK and author of many books on the subject. Dr. Luke is a senior lecturer at University of Greenwich and honorary senior lecturer at Imperial College London - the home of the bulk of psychedelic research in the UK. I'm really only trying to use his credentials to verify that this research is a serious undertaking, not just to name drop him. I would love to hear from members of this community and hope you can find the time to have a look at my survey linked below
      The survey should take between 15-30 minutes to complete depending on your individual history and experiences. Your response will help deepen the understanding of potential differences amongst sufferers of Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder. All submissions are anonymous (identifiable only through your unique personal code) and data will be stored on a password protected device. The research has been ethically approved by the Departmental Research Ethics Committee for Psychology, University of Greenwich, UK.
      https://greenwichuniversity.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9tPkqFu2yAaNHOl
      Many thanks if you have the time to spend helping me out.
      If this is better posted somewhere else please feel free to let me know,
      Given this is my first ever post I'll apologise for getting it wrong in advance!
      Any questions feel free to drop me an email on ai2156k@gre.ac.uk
    • By Brad85
      Hi there. I've had HPPD since I was about 19... so going on 16 years now.  I won't get into all the details but what I'm wondering is if anyone has resolved, or read about someone who resolved their Blue Field Entoptic Phenomenon (BFEP)?  This is probably one of my most annoying symptoms and is prevalent on any large bright surface.  Central vision and peripheral. 
      Any feedback would be much appreciated.

- Brad
    • By Sambabeat78
      Hello my friends, 
      I'm writing an article for The Independent about HPPD. I'd like to talk first-hand with sufferers of the disorder and document their stories. This article will spread awareness about the risks of psychedelic drug-taking and show what can go wrong. 
      If you're interested in having a short chat or sending a summary of your experience with HPPD, then please email me at eddie.prideaux@gmail.com. You can be anonymous on request, don't worry. 
      Ed
    • By Nic
      Hello. I'm kind of new here, first time posting.
      I'm struggling with visual snow  (i think it is, because I see little floating dots when looking up the sky that looks kind of like, i don't know, sperm?and I note everything is a bit of pink, especially in the dark. Sometimes i can't tell if something is totally white or white with a little bit of pink). This is happening for about 6-7 months now, after a bad trip with LSD, which I used before like 20/25 times in the period of 1,5/2 years (but with little dosage, like 1/4 ou 1/2). In that period I also used MDMA and a hell lot of weed. The last time I used LSD was 6-7 months ago, MDMA I used once like 2 months ago and about a week ago I stoped to smoke weed, because I finally accepted what it was going on, and things have improve a little because before when I was under the effect of marijuana I would see everything very colorful or slight moving when looking at walls or other big surfaces.
      I could not notice all of this to be so strong at first, or maybe I just could not accepted, but I always knew something was going on. I don't know if it got strongger or simply I started to really pay attencion and note it.
      I also feel disconnect to my body, and i saw that this two are the most common symptoms for people with hppd.
      I can't stop crying and having suicidal thoughts, and I'm very afraid of starting a medicine that will make my visuals worse, because I king have a feeling that when I see once, i can't un-see it somethings? i don't know. But also, I can not think about doing nothing because it gives me like a panic attack or something.
      Any ways, I don't speak english very well (you probably noticed), and in my country nobody really seems to care about this kind of stuff (treatment for hppd). So I'm consulting with a psychiatrist this week and I would like some help with information about some medicine that have low risk of worsed visuals (that is my worse fear), but has a chance to improve the visuals and the DP.
      I'm kind afraid of taking Lamotrigine or Keppra because a lot of people have seem to have more visuals with time? I also saw that Naltrexone seems to help some people, but this one guy said the visuals got worse as the medicine "goes away" within a few hours. Clonazepam is very commom, but I don't know if can help with the visual or only with the despersonalization. Someone post about imitrex being good with this. What can you guys tell me?
      I think, based on what I have read here, that my symptoms are milder, but they still are torturing me, and I don't know what to do. I'm very afraid of never get better and I'm done with all kinds of illegal drugs. I don't have anyone I can really trust with all of this, so I seeking for information and help from you guys... Thanks a lot for anyone that can help.

N.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.