Onset of HPPD - April 2009, psilocybin mushrooms

RADIOLOGY REPORT

FACILITY: REDACTED
UNIT/AGE/GENDER: D.5ES IN AGE:26 Y SEX:M
PATIENT NAME/DOB: MYTHOS, THE 03/01/1989
UNIT NUMBER: REDACTED
ACCOUNT NUMBER: REDACTED
ACCESSION NUMBER: REDACTED

EXAMINATION: MRI of the brain without and with contrast.

DATE: February 19, 2016 at 1710.

COMPARISON: Head CT scan of February 18, 2016.

CLINICAL HISTORY: Visual disturbances and delusions. The bilateral facial paresthesias. Initial encounter.

TECHNIQUE: Standard multisequential multiplanar magnetic resonance imaging study of the brain was performed prior to and following the administration of 10 ml Gadavist.

FINDINGS: Diffusion weighted images show no evidence of acute infarction.

The CSF spaces are of normal size and configuration. No mass effect, midline shift, or acute intracranial hemorrhage is present. Punctate areas of increased signal on T2 and FLAIR images are noted in the periventricular and subcortical white matter of 
the frontal regions bilaterally. The overall appearance of the remainder of the brain parenchyma is within normal limits on all sequences, including the gray-white differentiation.

Images obtained following injection of contrast demonstrate no abnormal enhancement patterns. 

There is mucosal thickening within the maxillary, sphenoid, ethmoid, and right frontal sinuses, most prominently affecting the left maxillary sinus. However, no air-fluid levels are present. The mastoid air cells are aerated.

IMPRESSION: 
1. No evidence of mass, hemorrhage, or acute infarct.
2. Punctate T2 signal abnormalities within the periventricular and subcortical white matter of the frontal regions bilaterally. This is a nonspecific finding, but can be associated with demyelinating or dysmotility processes, vasculitis, chronic migraine
headaches, microangiopathic changes, etc.
3. Multifocal sinusitis.

Dictated by: REDACTED, M.D.

Images and Report reviewed and interpreted by: REDACTED, M.D.

<PS><Electronically signed by: REDACTED, M.D.>
02/19/2016 1928

D: 02/19/2016 1925
T: 02/19/2016 1925

Component Results

There is no component information for this result.

General Information

Collected:

02/19/2016 7:25 PM

Resulted:

02/19/2016 7:30 PM

Ordered By:

REDACTED

Result Status:

Final result

Just for the record I wasn't having "delusions" and I'm not sure why that was stated. I had complete insight, awareness of who I was and my surroundings, and coherence at the time.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for posting this! Seems like yours is the exact same outcome as mine. It seems others have had similar reports.  White matter abnormalities associated with migraines. I think it is somewhat of a pattern enough to associate with HPPD. 

And yah obviously they didn’t list your symptoms properly lol.

Edited by dasitmane