CoQ10 and vitamin D

danjoking

Gonna use it for as long as it doesn't make symptoms worse. Started the 400mg version at the beginning of this month. Started 50mg version on April 20.

I don't know if I should keep on taking it in the morning when I wake up or before going to sleep.

And no, didn't notice any difference in my behaviour or emotions.

40 minutes ago, dayum_son said:

Gonna use it for as long as it doesn't make symptoms worse. Started the 400mg version at the beginning of this month. Started 50mg version on April 20.

I don't know if I should keep on taking it in the morning when I wake up or before going to sleep.

And no, didn't notice any difference in my behaviour or emotions.

You need to take it with lunch , whice brand you use 

and if it unbiqual

2 hours ago, dayum_son said:

Brand is Newton-Everett.

And idk if it is ubiquinone or ubiquinol.

I take it with breakfast. That's fine I guess ?

That’s quite good , if you want to read more about coq10 and get alot of information 

https://articles.mercola.com/vitamins-supplements/coq10.aspx

Or if you want to hear about visual snow syndrome(in my opinion it the same way of hppd) discussion with dr weatherall expert vs

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thosewithvisualsnow/a-discussion-with-dr-weatherall-the-leading-visual-t7745.html

pepole report “Some people have noticed a massive improvement in a few weeks from just taking one of these alone. Others have reduced their static to manageable levels. Some people do not notice a big difference, but it is enough to justify continuing. Others may not have any reduction in symptoms.“ 

Most of you will be wondering why we experience other neurological activity, such as tinnitus and hyperacusis. In the same way, this condition affects other parts of our brain. The primary auditory cortex (Brodmann area 41 and 42), including the geniculate nuclei, are probably affected as well. The innate noise-filtering part of the brain lacks homeostasis and effectively you get 'visual snow of the ears'. Many common symptoms can be explained in this way. 

Good luck , i hope it will reduce our hppd or better it will go away

Seems like a good sign if some part of your visuals has already been changed! Hope it goes well

It says low Coq10 can cause chest pain and i've been getting lots of chest pain since my HPPD got really bad, which I assumed was anxiety, but seems to come about at times when I think I'm feeling fine, so maybe it'll be helpful to me also

Try it honestly !

I had heart attack symptoms a month ago, chest pain, high heart rate, palpitations, dizziness, drowsiness but that was actually due to anxiety.

All the symptoms disappeared once I went to doc. No meds, just the fact of speaking to someone about my symptoms stopped everything.

Nothing has really changed for now, however I can tell 100% that the visuals are worse when not taking it. Very sharp after-images, more ghosting and more VS. 

So I will keep taking it for the next few months anyway. If nothing changes, I will go to a neurologist.

13 hours ago, dayum_son said:

Nothing has really changed for now, however I can tell 100% that the visuals are worse when not taking it. Very sharp after-images, more ghosting and more VS. 

So I will keep taking it for the next few months anyway. If nothing changes, I will go to a neurologist.

Hey bro , is it still working for the weaving phone?

• 5 weeks later...

1.5 months update : Nothing has really changed. Ghosting disappears and reappears randomly, looks like it is dependent of how much I sleep that's all.

On 500-600mg twice a day. I am switching between different brands occasionally, switched to Solgar as well as an ebay one.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 4/16/2018 at 3:37 PM, Fawkinchit said:

I couldn't see it having any long term negative effect, if anything the only potential I see is it having a stimulant effect that might exasperate your symptoms.

I would like to correct my statement here, that CoQ10 is an amazing supplement for the mitochondria, and if you read in my thread on the subject I theorize the main issue here is a form of mitochondrial dysfunction. CoQ10 accelerates electron chain transfer and makes it very efficient in the mitochondria, which at proper dosage and duration of time can definitely ameliorate mitochondrial dysfunction.

Personally I feel Niacin is way better at this and less expensive, but the two can even be combo'd. And you could even add antioxidants Rutin, and Resveratrol, which will help as well. It can take months to alleviate mitochondrial dysfunction, but in most conditions its worth the wait.

Also Vitamin D is a good supplement as well and I have seen it do amazing things in calcium metabolism and inflammation. So it could be good as well. I would assume in the persons report that was provided, that it was more so the CoQ10 that was of assistance to him.

27 minutes ago, Fawkinchit said:

I would like to correct my statement here, that CoQ10 is an amazing supplement for the mitochondria, and if you read in my thread on the subject I theorize the main issue here is a form of mitochondrial dysfunction. CoQ10 accelerates electron chain transfer and makes it very efficient in the mitochondria, which at proper dosage and duration of time can definitely ameliorate mitochondrial dysfunction.

Personally I feel Niacin is way better at this and less expensive, but the two can even be combo'd. And you could even add antioxidants Rutin, and Resveratrol, which will help as well. It can take months to alleviate mitochondrial dysfunction, but in most conditions its worth the wait.

Also Vitamin D is a good supplement as well and I have seen it do amazing things in calcium metabolism and inflammation. So it could be good as well. I would assume in the persons report that was provided, that it was more so the CoQ10 that was of assistance to him.

Do you take Coq10 yourself? Have you notice any changes on your symptoms?

On 6/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, rlopes said:

Do you take Coq10 yourself? Have you notice any changes on your symptoms?

I do not, I did take it a couple times, but the routine didn't last more than a few days. I fell more energy though. But as for HPPD I can't say anything.

17 hours ago, dayum_son said:

I took CoQ10 for a few months but no effect.

The only things that helped me get better are good sleep, good food and good experiences in life. Meet new people, or just do anything that distracts you from Hppd.

What dose?

18 hours ago, dayum_son said:

I took CoQ10 for a few months but no effect.

The only things that helped me get better are good sleep, good food and good experiences in life. Meet new people, or just do anything that distracts you from Hppd.

If you had no effects on HPPD but had effects on energy that would be great. That's what I am looking for.

38 minutes ago, Fawkinchit said:

I do not, I did take it a couple times, but the routine didn't last more than a few days. I fell more energy though. But as for HPPD I can't say anything.

As long as it doesn't make it worse it's good enough for me.