Mushrooms for healing

I don't know why but lately I've been running into all kinds of info on the benefits of mushrooms, then today I heard this podcast which kinda blew my mind:

Additionally, I recently bought some mushroom tea on a trip into the desert and I've actually felt really good on it even though it has small amounts of caffeine due to the chocolate inside. Here's the link: 

http://mushroommama.com/mushroommama-chocolate-chaga-tea/

There are other mushroom teas you can buy from the same lady and judging by the one I bought I'd recommend trying some. I'm pretty sure most of the mushrooms in her teas have neurogenesis-promoting properties which might be why I've felt so good on them. 

Anyway, it's pretty clear mushrooms can have some insane brain health benefits so it would be wise to incorporate them into your diet in some way or another. 

26 minutes ago, Jay1 said:

Are there any particular mushrooms that are renowned for their regeneration benefits?

Sounds like there's quite a bit. The above interview is pretty enlightening in this regard. I know Lion's Mane and Reishi fall under this category and have been utilized by members of this community. Cordyceps, Chaga and Turkey Tail are also pretty popular. The product I link to above has most of these, including cacao and cinnamon which in small doses are great for the brain as well. As I mentioned, I've felt really good on this mix despite being basically allergic to caffeine due to HPPD. I think being able to control the dose, given it comes in powder form, has been beneficial with regards to symptoms.   

The real kicker in neurogenesis, and the irony given our situation, is psilocybin. This is the compound that apparently has the potential to spur growth of new neurons in the limbic system, especially with regards to 5-HT2A receptors, both of which are areas suspected of being faulty in HPPD. 

Although I'm never going to do drugs again I'm starting to come around to the idea that a large reason many of us are where we are is not entirely due to the drugs themselves (although in many cases, such as mine, that's certainly a large aspect of it), but rather the amount of the drugs we took or the amount of anxiety we had during or before the drug that paved the way for HPPD. This is why I don't think I'm entirely opposed to some members of the HPPD community attempting to explore psilocybin in microdoses under the supervision of medical professionals if all other options in coping with HPPD have been exhausted. If the mushrooms are pure and well taken care of, grown under proper organic circumstances and administered in such small doses as to not cause additional damage, I think it's certainly something to consider. We've all read stories here and on other sites about people who've taken additional psychedelics that have "cured" them. I've always been dubious about these reports, but perhaps there's some validity to what they're experiencing. 

Very cool, thanks.

One of my friends does a foraging tour around our local forest and woodland, he knows all the wild mushrooms to pick and eat, so I might have to get stocked up from mother nature and see if any help.

When I got to my 20 year hppd mark, I actually threw caution to the wind and tried an amanita muscaria in hope that it could fight fire with fire... Even that seemed to have a sort of reset effect on my mind (Note, I am 100% not recommending anyone try it).

I would not be at all surprised if a legit cure was out there in the wild for us, in some deep dark rain forest.

9 hours ago, Jay1 said:

Very cool, thanks.

One of my friends does a foraging tour around our local forest and woodland, he knows all the wild mushrooms to pick and eat, so I might have to get stocked up from mother nature and see if any help.

When I got to my 20 year hppd mark, I actually threw caution to the wind and tried an amanita muscaria in hope that it could fight fire with fire... Even that seemed to have a sort of reset effect on my mind (Note, I am 100% not recommending anyone try it).

I would not be at all surprised if a legit cure was out there in the wild for us, in some deep dark rain forest.

I think there's a cure, it's just a matter or where it exists and when it will be discovered. Who knows, it might already have been discovered. With how much emphasis there is on brain research these days I wouldn't be surprised if it's sooner than most expect. 

Some of the stories Stamets tells in the interview above are just mind blowing. He's talking about totally curing chronic stuttering, hearing loss and other brain disorders by even a single serving of psilocybin mushrooms. Obviously that doesn't seem like a great idea for us, but perhaps there's something to it. Again, I think a huge problem is that many of the drugs we've taken to end up with HPPD are extremely low quality and likely entirely removed from how they'd be found in the wild. I imagine the sorts of mushrooms Stamets takes are vastly different in makeup and effects. 

• 9 months later...