Six bodily tissues that can be regenerated through nutrition

This is a great article for anyone interested in healing through nutrition: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/6-bodily-tissues-can-be-regenerated-through-nutrition

Notable foods include: Turmeric, Lion's Mane, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, cranberries, bilberries, ginseng, celery, chamomile, celery, parsley, basil, cilantro, oregano, cloves, endive, fermented foods, bacopa, huperzine, natto, red sage, red wine, red grapes, dark chocolate, royal jelly, green tea, ashwagandha, roobios, avacado, almonds, spinach, chard, broccoli sprouts, kale, etc. 

Of note, I've never heard of huperzine before but it sounds intriguing given its interactions with acetylcholine, glutamate and dopamine, all of which seem to play a role in my brain functioning since getting HPPD. It's antiglutamate effects are especially interesting given I've had such a poor track record with glutamate over the last few years. Here's a great article with further information: https://selfhacked.com/blog/huperzine-a/

Also, does anybody know if they react negatively to the chemicals listed under the first category for nerve regeneration? I've tried tons of substances and have had plenty of negative reactions but I can't say that my symptoms have worsened with any of the items listed that I've tried outside of coffee. 

Edited by K.B.Fante

OK, so I bought some huperzine a few days ago and will likely try it tomorrow in a small dose. I'll update how I feel in this thread. I've also been wanting to try vinpocetine for a while too so I'm gonna buy some of that and see how I feel. Vinpocetine reportedly increases bloodflow to the brain, but specifically to the visual cortex which is a suspected culprit in HPPD. I guess if I feel better after vinpocetine I'll know if there's a bloodflow issue. 

Edited by K.B.Fante

Update: Good news on the vinpocetine and hupersine front. I've taken both separately and experienced no negative side effects. In fact, I actually felt really good on huperzine which is interesting because there's only a handful of supplements that haven't negatively affected my symptoms in some manner. As for vinpocetine I didn't feel anything. I should also note I started both on small doses so perhaps if I increased the amount taken I'd experience negative side effects, but considering how sensitive I am to virtually all substances I think it's pretty good news I could handle both of these brain boosters without any bothersome visual or emotional aftereffects. 

Just to amend the above statement, I actually took another dose of huperzine today and felt way different than before. I might have taken more, but either way I felt really odd, almost like I was high, a little spaced out, almost dissociated. I wouldn't say it was painful or made my symptoms worse, but it wasn't exactly comforting either. Like always, you're better off microdosing and building your tolerance up if you desire to increase the dosage. 

Yeah, those two are as good as it gets when it comes to herbs and natural healing. As you say, bacopa has a tremendous amount of healing properties but I don't know if anything more dramatic than turmeric. It just seems like everywhere I look, everything I read, turmeric is always near the top in terms of substances that have benefits in a wide scope of different areas. I've posted this before but it's a great little rundown of how effective it is: http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/science-confirms-turmeric-effective-14-drugs

I've been taking both bacopa and turmeric for the last year and have had no side effects from either. They're also both great for mood stabilization if you're struggling with depression or anxiety.

12 hours ago, TheMythos said:

I started on the turmeric. 450 mg or 380 pure curcuminoids with black pepper fruit extract for bioavailability.

I'll probably add bacopa sometime next week. 

What dose of turmeric and bacopa are you on daily @K.B.Fante?

I buy powdered bulk turmeric from Natural Grocers for dirt cheap. I think it's only a few dollars and lasts me about six months or more. I take half a teaspoon but at one point I took a whole teaspoon a day. I'm not sure how many mgs that is but like always you're better off starting slow then working your way up. 

8 hours ago, TheMythos said:

What do you think about cerebrolysin and mexidol?

Man, I've never heard of either but if I had to chose I think cerebrolysin sounds more promising. That said, I don't think I'd try it.  Perhaps if I was desperate. Injecting pig brains into my body via needle just doesn't sound all that appealing. Also my experience with nootropics is that they're often stimulating which runs counter to what you need for HPPD recovery. Almost any sort of stimulant makes symptoms worse to some degree. Maybe this isn't the case for everyone and every nootropic but it certainly applies in my scenario. Additionally, exercise is the best known method to increase neurogensis. Same goes for eating healthy, sleep and getting adequate sunlight. Sure, nootropics can help, but there's so many other safer routes to recovery that are proven to work. It just takes a lot of effort and a lot of time. 

Edited by K.B.Fante

Update: So I tried another dose of vinpocetine the other day and I thought it worsened my symptoms which is odd because I took it before and didn't notice much. Additionally, this was a day after I took huperzine which I also thought worsened my symptoms in the same manner. Then this morning I took neither of these and my symptoms were still worsened! 

Clearly there was something I was eating or taking that was making my symptoms worse independent of the two drugs above since my symptoms worsened all three days with and without taking the drugs. I'm usually really good at pinpointing what makes my symptoms worse but I'm at a bit of a loss this time around. I truly can't figure it out. Anyway, I think this just goes to show that there's neurotoxins, bacteria and pesticides everywhere these days and if you're not careful with what you eat you could be experiencing worsening symptoms even without taking any drugs or other substances that are known to aggravate visuals. 

Again, a clean, healthy lifestyle is pretty much your best friend in trying to battle this awful disease -- yet even then you can sometimes run into a bad string of something or other and not know what it is. 

36 minutes ago, Originally said:

i haven't changed my diet, just doing exercise. my symptoms have been the same since june 2nd. maybe a little worse idk.

What does your diet normally consist of?