What supplements/special diet is everyone taking

We should come up with a list of the best supplements and foods to help alleviate the symptoms of HPPD.

Right now I'm just starting a daily dose of 5000 UI Vitamin D, then I'll be adding NAC, brahmi, and folic acid. I might start adding flaxseed oil in there after a month or two.

Diet: basic fruits and vegetables, not really going hardcore on specific foods just making my diet better from shit to decent.

20 minutes of aerobic exercise a day.

There was a big thread posted a while back that was similar to this, though I'm not sure how to find it now. I think B-complex vitamins and magnesium have the best track record with HPPD but that's likely because people are just depleted. I also take digestive enzymes, selenium, zinc, sunflower lecithin and fish oil. Time of day matters too. You shouldn't take a lot of minerals at the same time as they can compete with one another. My morning drink consists of tulsi tea, hibiscus tea, passionflower tincture, bacopa tincture, a half teaspoon of turmeric, sea salt, apple cider vinegar and sea salt. It tastes like crap but it's an excellent morning cleanse and gives me a boost mood wise. As for diet, I'd say going gluten free, limiting sugar to only organic produce and taking it easy or eliminating nightshades is the best bet. You can be liberal with what you eat as long as you're eating natural foods that come from the earth. 

What are you eating? A week is not much time in the grand scope of altering your brain chemistry through food. You need to practice good eating habits for months and even years on end before you can really start to feel a change. I'm at about a year now and my body feels as good as it ever has, especially when combined with morning exercise. 

I'd stay away from Jimmy John's, Subway and all other fast food franchises if I were you. Even though these places seem healthy the buns are loaded with gluten, carbs and are devoid of any quality nutrition that your brain needs to heal or reset itself. You should really start to try and cook for yourself. It's cheaper and healthier and gives you something to look forward to and learn about. I'd recommend trying to cut out gluten completely for so many reasons it's not even funny. Gluten has even been linked to schizophrenia and can have damaging effects on your neurological health even if you don't have a severe mental illness like we do. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I use a nootropic stack, but it seems very ineffective at this point.

Anyway, my stack:

MORNING

10mg Abilify

300mg gabapentin

100mg 50% alpha-GPC

200mg CDP choline

800mg piracetam 

750mg oxiracetam

100mg caffeine

200mg L-theanine

Nicotine from 1-2 cigarettes

AFTERNOON/EARLY EVENING

300mg gabapentin

100mg 50% alpha-GPC

200mg CDP choline

800mg piracetam

EVENING

300mg gabapentin

50mg hydroxyzine pamoate

Another cigarette

Sleep

And that's it.

• 5 years later...

What i have learned from my hppd is it isnt harmdful really its your mental reaction to it. because you can normally function its just what you see and how you react to it but eat healthy workout and read alot and listen to peacful music, and i believe its just a checmical imbalance causing it mostly I can say it does slowly go away eventually and its usually your reaction to it what makes it worse, dont be paranoid dont be scared trust me its just your mind it doesnt do damage to it at all, its just hppd its not going to hurt your body or effect your life decisions it will pass, sometimes it takes years or months or days or week but all i can say is you are not alone in this and it really just your initial reaction , ive had it for a couple weeks so far and at first i panicked thought reality and everything was fake but then i realized none of that thinking matters what matters is just living and expiercing your mind is very powerful but eating the right foods and excersing make it even more of a powerhouse to overcome anything rememeber its all just your reaction to it, so surrender to it dont try to control it dont be sad dont get angry dont regret it, at the end of the day just live, and remember if you get panic attacks or anxiety just LET IT COME, its all how you react to the things dont react because you are still normal and can do things REMEMBER REMEMBER JUST LET it come surrender and embrace it, and be a good person to that helps alot be kind to others and be loving, IT WILL tremondously help you so much and its good to kind anyways, get your life straight and it will eventually go away, but even if you didnt it doesnt do you any harm its just your minds Reaction and dont stress over it please dont it really cant harm you at all.... its better to surrender and embrace it and just live your life have no fear ALways remember to nothing last forever, I have empathy for people who are reacting badly to it because they cant find information about how its not harmful at all its just visual snow and flickering lights, there are people who i have read about who see shapes and have it bad, but really its not so bad, bc it isnt deadly it isnt bad and it can be pretty enjoyable becasue at the end of the day its all how you percieve it. thats what causes the stress panic attacks and parnoia trust me when i say you can live a normal life with it , before i started discovering how its not harmful i was already acting normal still but just parnoid and having anxiety thinking that people would make fun of me or judge me thats what spiked my anxiety if people found out but really no one has to find out and its just like if you got a little bump or mole on your skin it doesnt really effect you at all its just there.. i hope this helped out alot, and if you really want to cure it fully just eat healthy be a good person workout mediate pray and just be a kind person, i think its just a chemical imbalance in your brain, really nothing that bad and it evens out overtime so thats why i say just eat a balanced diet and make sure you get all the right things for you have a nice day , im still expericing it but it isnt so bad, i can do eveything fine as i said its just like a mole on your skin or something it doesnt do nothing.. 

• Like 1

Just now, VictorrR said:

What i have learned from my hppd is it isnt harmdful really its your mental reaction to it. because you can normally function its just what you see and how you react to it but eat healthy workout and read alot and listen to peacful music, and i believe its just a checmical imbalance causing it mostly I can say it does slowly go away eventually and its usually your reaction to it what makes it worse, dont be paranoid dont be scared trust me its just your mind it doesnt do damage to it at all, its just hppd its not going to hurt your body or effect your life decisions it will pass, sometimes it takes years or months or days or week but all i can say is you are not alone in this and it really just your initial reaction , ive had it for a couple weeks so far and at first i panicked thought reality and everything was fake but then i realized none of that thinking matters what matters is just living and expiercing your mind is very powerful but eating the right foods and excersing make it even more of a powerhouse to overcome anything rememeber its all just your reaction to it, so surrender to it dont try to control it dont be sad dont get angry dont regret it, at the end of the day just live, and remember if you get panic attacks or anxiety just LET IT COME, its all how you react to the things dont react because you are still normal and can do things REMEMBER REMEMBER JUST LET it come surrender and embrace it, and be a good person to that helps alot be kind to others and be loving, IT WILL tremondously help you so much and its good to kind anyways, get your life straight and it will eventually go away, but even if you didnt it doesnt do you any harm its just your minds Reaction and dont stress over it please dont it really cant harm you at all.... its better to surrender and embrace it and just live your life have no fear ALways remember to nothing last forever, I have empathy for people who are reacting badly to it because they cant find information about how its not harmful at all its just visual snow and flickering lights, there are people who i have read about who see shapes and have it bad, but really its not so bad, bc it isnt deadly it isnt bad and it can be pretty enjoyable becasue at the end of the day its all how you percieve it. thats what causes the stress panic attacks and parnoia trust me when i say you can live a normal life with it , before i started discovering how its not harmful i was already acting normal still but just parnoid and having anxiety thinking that people would make fun of me or judge me thats what spiked my anxiety if people found out but really no one has to find out and its just like if you got a little bump or mole on your skin it doesnt really effect you at all its just there.. i hope this helped out alot, and if you really want to cure it fully just eat healthy be a good person workout mediate pray and just be a kind person, i think its just a chemical imbalance in your brain, really nothing that bad and it evens out overtime so thats why i say just eat a balanced diet and make sure you get all the right things for you have a nice day , im still expericing it but it isnt so bad, i can do eveything fine as i said its just like a mole on your skin or something it doesnt do nothing.. 

I hope this helps you all dealing with your traumas and forgiving people who hurt you or family or paretns helps relieve alot of it to alot alot