Sleep Problems..

Only had HPPD for a little over a month and trying a healthy lifestyle as in working more, spending more time with family n friends, no caffeine  or drugs besides cigarettes etc.. It seems to be working wonders as my visuals keep improving. Though  my biggest problem is my sleep now. Feels like I'm always stuck in REM sleep and aware that I'm sleeping most of the night. usually get 2-3 hours of sleep at a time and wake full of sweat. It's the only thing that hasn't gotten any better. Sometimes I even wake up to noises that seem soo real but come to find out that they weren't. Anyone else have any of this? have you gotten use to it or has it gotten better over time? I think its from stopping all drug use but don't know. GOD what' I'd do for a good nights rest.

Edited by mdc9910

Yeah, that could be withdrawals. I've had all sorts of sleep problems over the last few years and have definitely woken up a few nights drenched in sweat, hyperventilating, etc. You might try some sleep teas just before bed just to see if it keeps you out for longer. Also, meditating right before bed might help to clear your mind a bit. 

• Upvote 1

I've had insomnia for years.  One thing that worked very well is CBD oil.  It's a non-psychoactive cannabinoid usually extracted from hemp.  I take it about an hour before bed and without fail, I fall asleep, sleep through the night, and wake up refreshed.   Very gentle stuff.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'll try meditation and maybe find peaceful things to watch before bed to try and combat it K.B.Fante. And thanks for the info MadDoc.. Though I think I'll wait to try CBD oil as a last resort. I'm trying to do this going sober. I have my medical card too so wouldn't be a problem getting. It's just I feel  like all  the drugs are doing right now is either making things worse or slowing down/ stopping any improvements my body has or may make.