A trial of three uncommon pharmaceuticals and supplements

I'd be very careful with sertindole - antipsychotics do not work well on those with HPPD and have been reported to makes symptoms worse.

I think some on this forum get some benefit from NAC.

Increased NMDA receptor activity doesn't sound like a good idea to me either.

Sorry to be a killjoy.

I concur with Ghormeh; I wouldn't partake in Sertindole. I would advise you to inform your doctor of the adverse reactions documented in response to Risperidone etc.

NAC and Sarcosine would appear relatively harmless; I've taken both myself without any harm afaik.

D-AA is a full agonist, and taking it together with Sarcosine and NAC might be overkill. Also remember that Lamotrigine is Glutamatergic as well; as such it may interfere. If you insist on taking these, I would suggest starting them one by one; taking time to adjust to the necessary dose. Then, if tolerable and no ill effects are noted; progress to the next. I would suggest NAC, then Sarcosine, then if still nothing, perhaps small doses of D-AA that are more closely monitored. Of course consult with your doctor etc.

Lastly, magnesium works quite differently from sarcosine. Bit tired to explain now, and to be honest I'd have to have a refresher on that. There's plenty of discussion to be found on all of these (except Sertindole) on the forum though ;)

Best,

-odisa

• Upvote 1

I concur with Ghormeh; I wouldn't partake in Sertindole. I would advise you to inform your doctor of the adverse reactions documented in response to Risperidone etc.

NAC and Sarcosine would appear relatively harmless; I've taken both myself without any harm afaik.

D-AA is a full agonist, and taking it together with Sarcosine and NAC might be overkill. Also remember that Lamotrigine is Glutamatergic as well; as such it may interfere. If you insist on taking these, I would suggest starting them one by one; taking time to adjust to the necessary dose. Then, if tolerable and no ill effects are noted; progress to the next. I would suggest NAC, then Sarcosine, then if still nothing, perhaps small doses of D-AA that are more closely monitored. Of course consult with your doctor etc.

Lastly, magnesium works quite differently from sarcosine. Bit tired to explain now, and to be honest I'd have to have a refresher on that. There's plenty of discussion to be found on all of these (except Sertindole) on the forum though ;)

Best,

-odisa

Good to have you back!