Stupid mistake - Cocaine Use

mistake87

Hi all.

I've been lurking here on and off for years, first developed relatively mild-medium HPPD (from weed I think) at 17.

I'm 27 now, symptoms include VS, trails, after images, all the usual stuff.

Up until the weekend though all this was under control, the symptoms didn't bother me and my only drug use has been an occasional Valium and an ill advised pill a few years ago.

However I was at a music festival, and had drunk lots of alcohol, and stupidly decided to have a (small) line of coke.

Since then my symptoms have increased and have become a problem again.

So I wanted to ask, how does coke affect your symptoms? I know it's different for everyone, but it'd be good to have some idea as to whether this won't change, or if maybe I'll go back to baseline.

Thanks all.

• Upvote 1

Drink lots of water, eat healthy, get out for a run (not exhausted) and take some vitamin pills, so a pretty disgusting and balanced life, and I promise you will feel better. I had dp / dr and I think I've gone / I'm leaving, 

Do not do coke boy, please, because as you say, your mild HPPD, who knows, it might go. You can still go to the streets, partying, drinking (lol), and all with a few pills. If you do not want to fuck your life, you should be aware that you can not afford the privilege of any drug that affects serotonin damn your cebero. 

Let it heal and luck, 

START TODAY

José.  :lol:

PS: Forgive my bad English.

• Upvote 1

The thing with coke (or any other powder) is you have no idea what it is cut with.

Coke doesn't really affect me much and I return to baseline after a day or so. Try not to beat yourself up about your slip up. Just try not to panic and ride it out, i'm sure it will pass.

Coke can make you worse for a while, i know some people say that they got lasting worsenings from alcohol. So, you tolerate alcohol that a lot of us doesnt, i would tolerate a gram of Coke but not even a couple of beers. Its just different, i think and hope yours will go away,

When i say that i tolerate Coke it means that i could do it but would get intensified symptoms for a couple of weeks,

BS drug anywy

@jimmy - my snow has gone from not even noticeable to completely covering everything. Massive trails, afterimages from everything...

Obviously this is causing a lot of stress too, so sleeping is difficult.

Insane to think that last week I was absolutely fine. I'm really hoping this dies down. I never thought a tiny line of coke would have such a major effect...

I know that you are in stress and i cannot promise anything, but my symptoms was amped like that for 5-6 days if i remember it right when i took it last time 5-6 years ago. Lack of dopamine or stressig the CNS can take some time for us before the symptoms fade.