fasting log

Mr.50's

im on day 1 of my 3 weeks of planned fasting, and so far it isnt going well. im giving up my caffeine habit, my high sugar diet, cigarettes and food. ive had a massive headache all day with a deep depression. food is starting to seem a lot better tasting than it used to. i, hoping that this will get me out, ive been through to much and this is the only thing i can think of to get me out of this shitty life with this fucked upped disorder that no one on here deserves to be going through. sorry if i sound angry. ill keep you guys updated

• Upvote 5

Giving all those things up the same time maybe is too much, however you will get result from this trial for sure. If, and i medan if, you cant take it maybe try to gradually cut the cig and caf before the fasting. But as said, you will probably get great results.

Good luck! I quit cigarettes, caffeine, and processed sugars as well. It`s not THAT hard. It gets easier after awhile and you get used to it.

I am going to try a 48 hour water fast one of these weekends. There are some health benefits... gonna find out for myself.

merkan you were right quitting all of that at once was to much i could'nt do it, im going to try again in a day now that ive gone several days without tobacco and have'nt had much sugar or caffeine.i went one day and i have to say, just that single day without food caused me to have a much clearer mind.

thanks ghormeh, that's an interesting read but it does'nt say anything about repairing the brain so i guess ill have to find out myself. Im starting the fast again tommorow, the only thing ill be withdrawing from this time is caffeine so hopefully it does'nt turn out as rough. i cant wait to go on with my life. i was thinking that at the first sign of hppd, you should fast, to get all of the drugs out of your system and to hopefully repair the damage before it becomes permanent, anyone else think thats a good idea?

if i were you i would take it slow. Give up fags first as the hardest, while only slowly cut down on carbs and caffeine so as not to tax your will power; then taper quicker after you have kicked the fags.  I would then go into a ketogenic diet for a couple of weeks before then cutting out all food, while still tapering slowly on the caffeine..  Part of the pain of fasting is adjusting to ketosis, so if you are keto first then it should be easier.  By the time you come to water fast you should be free of the addictions so you can concentrate your will on just fasting.  Also might be worth doing some detoxing during the keto phase so you dont get too burdened by herxheimer when fasting.  I would recommend acetyl cysteine for phase 2 detoxing, limonene for phase 1, and plenty of water, herb tea and raw veg.  Good luck.

I got a suggestion for you. Activated charcoal! You can buy it online or at a lot of stores, it is really cheap. Take 25-30 grams for 3-4 days. You will(should) feel totally better. It is like the best thing to use if you want to get toxins out of your body. They use it in hospitals for people who took something poisonous or toxic. I think they can use it on people who are ODing too. Go buy a nicotine patch or a cheap disposable E-cig and use that for a few days. Just getting nicotine you will still go through some W/Ds because nicotine is not the only addictive chemical in cigarettes. Once you go through that it is much easier to get off the patch or E-cigarette. Still nothing beats a quick cold turkey detox as long as you don't got any plans and don't mind feeling like crap for a few days(or even a few weeks >.<).

I do highly recommend activated charcoal, it will make detoxing so much better and quicker. And a lot of water, need your water!

Good luck bro will follow!

today is the first day of the real fast, im only getting of caffeine now not tobaco to. so far i only have a headache and some stomach pangs. Not to much time has passed so ill update you guys tommorow morning

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

sorry ive been off so long, i had many failed attempts that lasted about a day, energy drink withdrawal (caffeine and high fructose corn syrup) is a real thing and is very hard to get off. i recently did a 3 day fast and had noticeable benefits. the first day sucked dick, full on sucked, going around the house thinking about eating while food is nearby sucks. the next day i wasnt as hungry but still a fair amount, i started to taste a real bitter taste in my mouth wich i read was my body emitting toxins through m tongue and skin. my body also smelt horrible as the toxins came out with my sweat. i quit the fast but i noticed that i was alot more clear headed and my emotions were more, organised sort of speak. im sure if i did a longer fast it would have had a lot more benefits. Oh and my snow is a fair bit less noticeable, nothing major though