Amantadine....?

It is one I am supposed to try but haven't got around to.  Sounds like your neurologist is thinking dopamine, which opens up more options.  This med is mainly used for dopamine shortage such as for Parkinson's disease.  I use Sinemet which is used for the same reasons.

Look forward to hearing how well it helps you.

Visual,

How long have you been on Sinemet? I took it for over a month(maybe 2 months?) for RLS when coming off of opiates. I don't know how well this would work now since I am free of opiates maybe I would benefit from it more now than I did then. Does it help with depression or anxiety for you? Or what are you using it for exactly? Any details will be appreciated!

Thanks

Did it help your RLS?

I've been using it 5 1/2 years now.  Sometimes take a break to see where I am with it.  It has been the med for my visuals, though not everything was addressed by it.  It also helps anxiety and depression.  It doesn't eliminate them, but rather lets me get 'control' of them, if that makes sense.  Ironically, dopamine is somewhat of a stimulant.  But it is also for regulating/balance of many systems, especially lots of little stuff.

It take 1/2 pill 3 times a day (100/25mg formula).  That is considered a small dose.

Have you always had RLS/akinesia?  Or was it drug related?