Ganaxolone?

Recently learned about Ganaxolone from a post on facebook. It appears to be a synthetic neurosteroid similar to allopregnanolone, a neurosteroid that is largely increased by another interesting compound, emapunil (along with pregnenolone supplementation, adequate cholesterol ingestion, etc). It appears to be rather safe AND efficacious. It is anti-epileptic, anxiolytic, etc.

Two human studies (full studies anyone?):

Initial human experience with ganaxolone, a neuroactive steroid with antiepileptic activity.

Clinical Evaluation of Ganaxolone in Pediatric and Adolescent Patients with Refractory Epilepsy

Here is an overview of some Ganaxolone research, though again, I don't have access to the full text:

"ganaxolone may have additional therapeutic potential in alcohol and cocaine withdrawal seizures, as well as in the treatment of anxiety and other mood disorders."

An ongoing study for treating PTSD:

Ganaxolone in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)

**Edit: just searched and saw there was a post about Ganaxolone here in 2011, but I believe that was before many studies were conducted on its safety and efficacy. 

Just wondering, why has there not been an HPPD group buy on any of these novel anxiolytic/anti-convulsant/anti-psychotic compounds?

• Upvote 1

Interesting BPC. Still, other anxiolytic (neuro)peptides seem superior, in that they lack sedative effects.

As for your question: To be honest, I have yet to contact my supplier for a quotation for Emapunil.. I presume, judging from the lack of it being in stock anywhere, that it will require custom synthesis, which is substantially more expensive. But, I'll ask some people, and see what they come up with.

Yeah, I agree. Personally, this makes me want to optimize my hormone levels and experiment with progesterone as I know a couple males who are using it with great effects. I'm interested in selank, too. What other ones would you be speaking of (truthfully, I've been looking into so many different things, anxiolytic compounds have fallen off my radar)?

That'd be cool if you asked around. I'd love to get in on/help out a group buy for one of these compounds. Personally, emapunil seems best out of the ones I've currently looked into, but I'm sure there are others. To me, if I could completely or even mostly abate panic attacks and anxiety alone, I think that would lead to a rather positive feedback loop on my other symptoms (though this would hold true if I got rid of DP/DR, too).