Antibiotics making visual symptoms worse!!!

Hello everyone my name is lianne and I've been a hppd sufferer for 2years I excepted it 8 months ago and finally started to live a normal life , I recently got a uti/ kidney infection and have taken 3 lots of antibiotics which have made my visuals worse and I've still got the infection I'm so scared of taking anymore I really fear of never being able to see normal again I hate night times as lights starburst so bad it's hard just walking to the shop , the walls and every solid thing is breathing like crazy , the walls have a heatwave effect on them and the particuls that fly around the room drive me crazy i no it's gonna get worse and of rather die than it go worse don't no what to do anymore please help :-(

• Upvote 5

Sorry to hear about your troubles :(

You should definitely complete your course unless you have other symptoms or it's unbearable.  Stick it out and try a different one next time.  I think the infection might be more to blame for your increased symptoms than the antibiotic but I might be wrong.  You should see all the old ladies we get in t work that have UTI's and are completely nuts.  Eventually they clear up and are WAY better afterwards.  You have to remember us HPPDers are hyper-sensitive to everything.  Take some klonopin- anxiety makes everything worse. 

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the posts I hope u get better hppd33 ,merkan I wonder why this happens it's so scary I think what if there's an emergency and u wake up in hospital been given loads of medication that makes ur eyes so bad ur nearly blind we need to wear wristbands mine would say do not resuscitate , and wuwei I was on anxiety medication cipralex escitalopram for 7 years in which gave me bad migraines and i started noticing static in my vision along with floaters and halos which didn't scare me that much as they were mild but when I came off the medication that's when slowly thing started getting worse more symptoms and then I noticed I had hypersensitivity to any medication I took and decided to go back on the anxiety meds which I couldn't cause it made my eyes 10times worse it's been a bad roller coaster in which I'm more messed up than ever and I carnt see a way out , how did everyone get there hppd

Aww u poor thing!!! I just read this post today ...I also got a UTI infection today and went to take my anti biotics being shit scared but I'm so lucky I could handle them and didn't react badly!! I think it has to do with the healing I have received whilst being over here in Brazil thank god!!

I hope u get better :( ur hppd sounds worse then mine :(

Xxx

Yea well.. i have the fullblown hppd. Though the dpdr is the worst thing about it.. i already had it for like 10 year but i took lorazepam and in the evening always alcohol so i was fine with it.. until i overdosed that mdma and amphetamin., everything changed. Also o hate i cant be social anymore, i dont like to talk anymore, i feel if i see someone its like everything is already said or just no interest to talk about things. I only like to talk about my hppd situation and how to improve.. i always look forward meeting doctor s who might can help. Monday i go to a so called reattach doctor (cant wait. See reattach.eu) she said she can help me with dp.. so im a lil happy.

About medication the only thing that still only works is klonopin also im on effexor I dont know what to think aboit it.. might not work yet.

BTW: What are you exactly doing in Brazil is it a therapy? Or some spiritual swami?

• Upvote 1

Yeah that rlly sux!! If I drank some alcohol I know I wud get the full blown hppd!! I stopped as soon as I tipped over the edge !

So u had dp for 10 years before u got this shit? I had dp for 7 years before this hit me! ...so nmda and amphetamines triggered ur hppd?

Yeah being social with hppd is like trying to walk on water...it is just fuked and is way worse then just typical dp.

Have u tried lamictal or keppra?

I'm here seeing john of god...it's a spiritual hospital there are many entities here that work thru john of god and heal ppl from all sorts of ailments from physical illnesses to emotional and spiritual. When I walked past him in the line he said he can cure me of hppd and my other issues....I'm just not sure how long it's going to take. After each week or 2 I notice improvement. I can now walk into crowded places without needing ear plugs or without my brain being unable to process everything. I can take antibiotics and some more medications and supplements without getting an awfull reaction so I'm rlly glad I came here! It may have healed my brain enough so I can try lamictal and naltrexone :) I didn't have the confidence to take them before coming here at all...my brain was totally fuked and super sensitive :(

Hey well I'm on my second day of anti biotics and I didn't handle them as well as yesterday :(

But still I couldn't handle a drop of tea before coming here so it's still improvement.. I honestly feel like some sort of seizure medication will help

I found it by searching for healing ...he doesn't charge for his work but I'm gonna make a post about it once I'm finished with this trip. I may need multiple trips tho but I don't care.

Thanks for the reply miss Jess and I really feel the anguish over the antibiotics I've got mine in my bag and really don't want to take them they go straight to my head but I no I'm going to have too I'm in pain , and it will be great to here your story when you've finished your healing I hope your well.

Man I feel sorry for u :( I found a page for natural remedies for UTI take a look: http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/home-remedies/home-remedies-for-urinary-tract-infections.htm#page=7

Drink lots of water, cranberry juice and eat some blueberries or pineapple that's what I started to do today coz I felt it coming back and there's no way in hell I'm gonna take the anti biotics again

Thanks I will report back but I will most likely try lamictal while I'm out here also