HPPD is back?

Dylan L

I can't say the reason my HPPD has come back except that it was an extremely stressful military related situation that has caused me to go from visual free to snow and movement in the blink of an eye....  My snow was gone.... my movement was gone... but now its back, after hopping off I'm HPPD positive again.... I just don't get it....

• Upvote 3

That is really strange. And I'm very sorry to hear it, feel free to ''vent'' here, if you feel like it.

I honestly didn't think that could happen, or at least I've never heard about it! Mine has been completely stable in the 4 years I've hat it, except when I've taken drugs, which made it worse. I really didn't think that emotional trauma could bring it back, though it is well known that anxiety seemingly amplifies it temporarily.

• Upvote 1

HPPD is brain hyperactivity (cerebral disinhibition), pre-seizure.

Stress is hyper/over activity, whether emotional or physical (i.e. lack of sleep).

In general, anti-seizures are also anti-anxiety meds, such as Klonopin

Many report HPPD as a steady condition.  Others report it as something that waxes and wanes ... sometimes even seeming to be gone.  Not gone really, ... 'mostly' gone.

HPPD is brain hyperactivity (cerebral disinhibition), pre-seizure.

Stress is hyper/over activity, whether emotional or physical (i.e. lack of sleep).

In general, anti-seizures are also anti-anxiety meds, such as Klonopin

Many report HPPD as a steady condition.  Others report it as something that waxes and wanes ... sometimes even seeming to be gone.  Not gone really, ... 'mostly' gone.

Is it rlly pre seizure ?? Can u plz elaborate more on what hppd actually is because I am a newbie and don't rlly know too much about it and am very curious

Thnx