GLYX-13 experience log

Hey, long time no post.
Still doing horrible. Nevermind that though.
Anyways, managed to acquire some GLYX-13 from a reputable supplier.
I tried a test dose of 60mg (20mg/ml 3ml) about an hour ago. Administration was done subcutaneously.
Can't really say much about effects, cause I'm pretty anxious, but so far I'm still alive.
Administration was more painful than IM Cerebrolysin, oddly enough. I think either I struck a nerve, or the substance is rather acidic.

About to go to bed.. I'll try to update tomorrow. Depending on how I feel, I might do another 300mg.

Cheers.

• Upvote 2

Very exciting indeed. You are doing valuable work for the community - and, hopefully, for yourself as well :)

I see that GLYX-13 is only a partial agonist, meaning that in can function as a 'de facto antagonist' under certain circumstances (namely when a full agonist is present). However the research results I've been able to find seem to suggest that this isn't the case under normal circumstances. Sorry if I'm merely reiterating what you two already know well :)

GLYX-13 seems to have an enormous therapeutic index - have you given any thought to what doses you are willing to go to, if necessary?

U are a trooper One day I will sail again I've been on this site since November and u have the courage of a tiger. U don't fuck around mang ur not afraid to dive into the area of the unknown that takes a true soldier. Either ur a dam crazy individual or u are determined to prevail in figuring this disorder out. Good luck mang!!

Thanks guys! @@hppd24years haha probably a bit of both, with a hint of desperation.

@@StateOfRegret, doses were tried from 1mg/kg to 30mg/kg, and 5mg/kg showed to be the most effective, so that's what I'm aiming for.
I'll be doing a subcutaneous infusion of 300mg/15ml tonight, adding total dose to 5mg/kg. So that should become interesting. Re: antagonism, I've posted about that in the "Why NMDA anatagonism?" thread (pertaining to GLYX), if you're interested.

So far I've not noticed anything yet (which is consistent with data indicating 1mg/kg is barely more effective than placebo).

Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated!

Well damnit. I feel no different.

Perhaps the GLYX degraded because I left the solution out of the fridge for a day.. But to be honest, I don't think this is going to do anything revolutionary, not even small improvements.
Alas.. Maybe NRX-1074 will be a more interesting compound, should Naurex ever decide to actually release its structure...
There are a few factors I can think of that may have to do with the lack of efficacy, but ultimately I don't see much to be done about it.
Either subcutaneous administration in humans is significantly and relatively less effective than animal models, or the compound was not GLYX, or whatever; no real way of knowing at this point.

Could be individual difference; the other two people I bought it with haven't tried it yet, so let's see what they say when they do.

Meanwhile I'm just gonna wait till next week, and try again.

Hoping the three other substances I've on my list are gonna be more helpful.. JDTic, 7,8-DHF and EVP-6124.

BTW: I'm open to suggestions!

Why don't you continue dosing (if there's not a negative)? I know the effects are meant to be rapid, but might be worth trying for a few more days?

Best,

S

I'm already at the most efficacious dose currently. If I do any more this week, I will surpass that and efficacy will just diminish according to available data.

However, I still have 600mg left. So I have some room for play, but I want to wait a week between dosing, because effects may be delayed up to 3 days. Especially considering our condition and suspected hypoactive NMDARs, it may require relatively higher doses to significantly activate them indeed.

Alternatively, I could try daily "low" dosing. E.g. 1mg/kg/day, but I don't have enough filters to make fresh batches each day.

So another update.. I've now heard from multiple sources that syringe filters are only suitable for aqueous solutions and not for suspensions. As such, I'm inclined to believe that my permeability tests were faulty.
The question then remained; how to sterilize the GLYX-13 without a syringe filter?
Apparently, after some discussion in #chemistry, small-chain peptides are not as thermolabile as I had assumed due to the storage recommendations of -20 Celsius.

I was advised to use a rather old process, called tyndallization. It is a 3 day process which consists of boiling the solution once a day for 20 minutes.
I've started this process today, so I'll be able to use it by Sunday.

Also, apparently GLYX has been used in suspensions up to 60mg/ml

http://download.cbsnews.com/media/2012/12/06/en_1206_lapook_1296.m4v

At about 1:35 you can see this:

yJJIPL9.png

Seeing this is what made me reconsider my approach.

Anyway, hopefully I indeed injected only water the last time, and perhaps this time (provided the GLYX hasn't degraded due to high temperatures), it will work.

I'll post updates once I've injected it.

• Upvote 1

It is clearly an aqueous suspension.

I've used tyndallization before on mycelium growth substrates. Pretty clever technique, old or not. You let endospores germinate, leaving them vulnerable to heat, and then you boil them :)

Do you happen to know the pore size of the filters you have been using? GLYX-13 is a very short peptide.

Thanks!

AFAIK it's water-soluble. Hmm I had it standing in the sun for a bit, until I figured it might not be thermolabile yet vulnerable to UV, so I moved it out of the sun.
Now I'm running CPUminer on my laptop to raise core temperature, thus output temperature, and the GLYX-13 is now at about ~37 degrees next to it.
This better be worth melting my CPU :)

StateOfRegret: The pore size was 0.2 micron. Indeed I figured because of this, it should've passed through, but apparently that is only the case for solutions.

Thanks!

AFAIK it's water-soluble. Hmm I had it standing in the sun for a bit, until I figured it might not be thermolabile yet vulnerable to UV, so I moved it out of the sun.

Now I'm running CPUminer on my laptop to raise core temperature, thus output temperature, and the GLYX-13 is now at about ~37 degrees next to it.

This better be worth melting my CPU :)

StateOfRegret: The pore size was 0.2 micron. Indeed I figured because of this, it should've passed through, but apparently that is only the case for solutions.

Haha, ingenious :D The water solubility is seemingly quite poor, ~2mg/mL.

Yes, unfortunately it is.. I hope 60mg/ml is not too much / too dense for it to be absorbed by fatty tissue.
On a side note; in the meantime I now have the foc.us headset, and have been using it. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to recreate my results from (I think it was) last year, where I saw significant -albeit temporary- relief. Though sleep does seem improved, primarily onset.

in the meantime I now have the foc.us headset, and have been using it. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to recreate my results from (I think it was) last year, where I saw significant -albeit temporary- relief. Though sleep does seem improved, primarily onset.

I know the foc.us is pretty much for the PFC, but is there any way you can move it about and affect other areas? There are some spots that have seemed to help with associated disorders and some other severe ones like alzheimer's/schizophrenia; I actually spoke to a guy on longecity about tDCS and he had schizophrenia and severe depression. He only saw modest benefits after a few sessions but he said within a few weeks it worked better than any medication he had been on (he used a couple different spots). 

@BPC: Unfortunately that is quite hard without the extra electrodes (which must be purchased separately). I could attempt upside down. As for rTPJ stimulation.. not sure where I would leave the other electrodes, but I guess I could figure that out with a bit of searching. I've suspended tDCS for the moment.

Last night, after boiling the suspension for the 3rd time, and letting it cool down, I gave it a another shot (pun intended). Crystals seemed to have formed on the wall of the glass I had boiled it in, indicating that not all was suspended in the injection water. But whatever. I withdrew the fluid, after which I swirled around another 5ml in the glass and withdrew that too. So I'm guessing the density was around 40mg/ml because I totalled at 15ml.

Copied from an e-mail I sent this morning:

When I went to bed, it felt as if certain parts of my mind that have been dormant for a long time, suddenly were activated, yet not fully, nor lengthy. It's hard to describe, but I would note this as a positive reaction. Whether placebo or not, I can't tell. This morning I experienced a brief instance of symptom relief, yet again I can't rule out placebo. Either way, I actually slept relatively well. I am inclined to believe that a higher dose may be warranted in my case, but I will wait until tomorrow morning before making that decision.

However, I have also been experiencing intermittent odd heart sensations and overall tenseness; yet this could very well be a psychogenic anxiety response.

Now, mentally, I'm not noticing any difference. As stated above; perhaps a higher dose is warranted.

Meanwhile I got some D-AA in the mail, so if GLYX-13 doesn't work out, I'll start with that.