I think everyone with hppd is really really strong

I just wana say that I don't even have full on hppd mayb only very mild, but after reading what some of you go through and the symptoms I can't believe you endure it and get through it and cope. In all honesty I don't think I would be strong enough to handle something like that!!! It's sounds like a fuking nightmare and horror movie.

So congrats to all of u hppders who have endured and continued to live your life whilst having hppd you are very brave!

• Upvote 2

"Bad times teaches a naked woman how to spin fabric" or something like that goes a proverb in my country. I felt the bravest when I told those psychiatrists in the face that they could sod off. Haha, I was´nt mean but told them they have no clue!!! Damn quacks... I love them for their ignorance, what else can I do??? But there were some friendly people who would listen to me but they had nothing to offer me. Before we get some genius going with a new fortune telling solution I think nobody will get it! Though we are not lost cases, just wallowing in limbo searching for the ultimate health now when we think we are sick. I´m glad some of you have some results with medications but I´ve been disappointed so sorry for my venting. Keep up everybody.

I´m glad I could keep a positive attitude when in the face of so much arrogance  :ph34r:

I´m about to become a soldier now hehehe. Whatever weather meets me I shall not complain. In the face of my enemy I shall not despair. Truth is my weapon now. I´m responsible for what I did to others and myself and will be kind as best as I can. I will no longer supplicate to my doctor because I know his head is not above mine. I will respect my psychologist even if she´s just another pretty face with 6 years at uni and nothing wise to say. I will not bear any grudges and live modestly. I don´t hate anybody!!!

C´ya.  :rolleyes:

May I ask what country that would be? We have an identical saying in Denmark.

It´s Norway. Ryge den fede sgu lige det vad...

Hey, is Christiania still in effect? A long time since I was there enjoying the "you know".

It´s Norway. Ryge den fede sgu lige det vad...

Hey, is Christiania still in effect? A long time since I was there enjoying the "you know".

Haha, good to know. Whereabouts in Norway? :) I live in Copenhagen, but I am with my family on Fyn at the moment.  But yeah, Christiania still exists, and weed is still sold openly all over. However, it isn't as cozy (hyggeligt ;) ) as it used to be, since our previous (right wing) government decided to instate a "task force" and devised a "zero tolerance policy" with regards to cannabis. This has of course led to nothing good; cannabis is still being sold, but instead of being sold by a few hippies it is not being sold by unscrupulous, and often violent, criminals.

I remember sitting down and smoking with a group of Norwegians a few years ago. It was quite funny; they thought that the weed was so amazingly cheap, and of course they over-indulged :D

Well, that was back then. I wouldn't touch the stuff with a ten-foot pole now.

• Upvote 1

Whereabouts in Norway? :)

cannabis is still being sold, but instead of being sold by a few hippies it is not being sold by unscrupulous, and often violent, criminals.

Right outside of Oslo, a dark viking I am. :-)

Too bad with the criminals, hope they do not destroy the place.

So you´re sober of the whacky stuff, maybe it´s for the better if you have HPPD. I hardly smoked in years, but do I smoke these days.

Cheers.

Hey missjes. What do you mean with dissocation?? That weird feeling you dont know where you are?

No ur referring to derealization ... Dissociation is where u feel detached from urself and emotions, and body. In the drug induced dissociation I'm experiencing it's extremely severe

You've been advancing this view in a lot of threads lately. What exactly do you mean? I'm sure some people focus too much on their symptoms, but are you implying that HPPD is a product of obsessive behaviour?

No, it's a product of drugs.   What fuels it, amplifies it, and keeps it going is obsessional thinking/behavior. 

It's pretty hard to ignore...but even if u did ignore it wud still be there...so what u say isn't true at all...

Not true?  Interesting.. I used to obsess about Hppd everyday.   Constantly checking to see if my perception is better.    Now I don't.  And, it's improved.   

Not true?  Interesting.. I used to obsess about Hppd everyday.   Constantly checking to see if my perception is better.    Now I don't.  And, it's improved.

Please gill, stop generalizing your own story to fit every HPPD-sufferer. That's just silly. Also, you keep assuming causation where only correlation is present for certain.

Edit: I'm not contesting that 'relaxing' about the symptoms is important :) I'm just saying that there is no evidence that it actually changes the symptoms in the long run.

• Upvote 2

Well I'm kinda new to this hppd crap so it's kinda hard for me! But u know what I have improved...initially I wanted to fuking hanging myself and had to refrain from the intrusive thoughts for about a week ...now I am doing normal tasks with much difficulty and not laying as much attention but it's real hard not to when I feel extremely fuked up every second of everyday

• Upvote 1

Not trying to downplay how difficult it may be.   I basically felt mentally insane for awhile with Hppd, and DP/DR on top of it!  All I'm saying is it is possible to come out.  Actually, it's better to get out of DP/DR first, which if done makes Hppd seem much less encompassing.   It's the dissociation with things that can really make one feel trapped in their own mind and perceptions

• Upvote 1