Flickering when I move my eyes at night

I realized that at night when I'm lying down watching TV and after a few minutes I get up and go to a bright area  I see things flickering with  a dark shade, when I move my arm in front of me I see trails! the walls flickers when i move my eyes, if I'm in a corridor and I move my eye to the right i see flicker on the left side and vice versa, this strange  effect goes away after a long time, also when i wake up I see this in dark areas, I'm healthy and I do not use drugs. Also when I go outside at night I see the road,  people and house flickering. Sry for my english I'm still  learning :wub:

• Upvote 1

Flickering is common with HPPD, had the same. Your perception-apparatus is messed up so every visual impression gets a lot stronger. Movement in peripheral vision you may have too.

Do you suspect you have HPPD? Did you ever eat any hallucinogens? What do you think caused your condition?

Flickering is common with HPPD, had the same. Your perception-apparatus is messed up so every visual impression gets a lot stronger. Movement in peripheral vision you may have too.

Do you suspect you have HPPD? Did you ever eat any hallucinogens? What do you think caused your condition?

YEs I think I have HPPD, I do not take any hallucinogens, I consider myself healthy, but months ago I became hypochondriac and I'm very anxious now, all this problems started when I saw floaters for the first time looking at sky

• Upvote 1

YEs I think I have HPPD, I do not take any hallucinogens, I consider myself healthy, but months ago I became hypochondriac and I'm very anxious now, all this problems started when I saw floaters for the first time looking at sky

Did you consume any psychotropic drugs prescribed by doctors perhaps?

Strange that hypochondria and coffee would give you HPPD but if you really have these symptoms it could be it. Only you know for sure. It´s said that anxiety could give visual disturbances so why not. Do you have a bit more detailed theories to why you have it?

Strange that hypochondria and coffee would give you HPPD but if you really have these symptoms it could be it. Only you know for sure. It´s said that anxiety could give visual disturbances so why not. Do you have a bit more detailed theories to why you have it?

All this problems started 4 months ago, when suddenly I  became hypochondriac with my health , everyday I was counting my heartbeat ,cant sleep, I thought I had  testicle cancer, everyday I had trouble to swallow, sometimes I had panic attacks, now I have these eye issues,  this is all I can describe