Regarding drug use.

SnuffoSoffi

I don't think any question should be out of bounds on here..... We are all here because the allure of drugs was strong and I'm sure that more than a small minority of us are still fascinated by the idea of taking more.

Now, the overwhelming response will always be a huge NO.... It makes sense, we are also here because we are ill because of drugs. But taking drugs post-hppd is not a simple yes or no. It should be, but it isn't.

We all have moments of weakness, maybe a few too many beers, or the right party with the right people. A line is put in front of you and bang, you've just snorted it up without consequence.

I've been guilty of taking lsd, MDMA, coke, opiates, salvia, ketamine and various other thing, post-hppd (not to mention my favourite friend, the brandy bottle).... Not because I am stupid (open to debate), but weak. I don't beat myself up though. Shit happens.

Anyway, of all the things I have taken, post hppd... The one that has little affect on my illness is coke... that is not a reason to go and do it, you might be very different to me, it could send you over the edge or could be cut with anything. The drug that made me a lot worse, post hppd... MDMA, pure evil for us. Stay away at all costs.

Good post my brother in the HPPD spirit.

I have been clean sober from everything for almost four years now. The only thing that gets me high is dancing to Goa Trance for 8 hours at raves :D

But the only that hasnt made any difference to my HPPD is cocaine but since i am taking levodopa i would not dare touch it these days. Kinda overrated drug anyway, makes everyone a douche. So, since the funny, cool drugs are off-limit, why not do other creative and fun stuff (now this is a daily challenge).

Also travelling to sunny, not so crowded places. Went to Israel this winter, walking in the dessert etc. Forgot i had this thing, with the help of some meds of course :)

I took a very small, small dose of molly at the last show I went to. I try to limit myself to a few beers and weed. Ironically the only problems I have after all that is an increase in my tinnitus as the show got very loud. In fact that night I felt fantastic. Unfortunately a speaker I was standing near shot some loud guitar feedback directly into my brain via my ear canal. It's been two days. Hopefully it goes away, as its a little more annoying now. Still, bearable. I generally tell people that I would never touch psychedelics again. And that much is mostly true. But it's not every day someone carries around extremely pure low doses of MDMA in their pocket. So I decided, given the circumstances I would indulge. Probably won't again. Just a nice break from having to militantly swear everything off. 

Mikezero Ive read somewhere before you drank alot and it directly made your symptoms worse and added in a few new ones.  I was doing extremely well up until last saturday night I drank maybe 6 hard alcoholic drinks maybe more.  I was fine with my visual snow and negative after images, but it has been six days since and I know have positive after images.  Like I can look at my dogs face or a phone look away and see it in full color for a split second.  Or if Im reading this text and look up I can see the text on the wall. So fucked I am scared for my life.  I hope this dies down back to baseline!  What symptoms increased for you after you drank?  And what was added...I am definitely staying clear of even alcohol at this point.

As to what symptoms arose, or increased in severity. . . I can't remember exactly. For a while I would drink and I would have insane visual snow the next day. Definitely after images, and star bursting. Both of which have fluctuated in intensity ever since. I drink now. Among other things. None of which seems to bother my symptoms much these days. Though, I doubt I will rid myself of these symptoms. But, for you, perhaps there is some hope! Its a fickle illness. Honestly, the symptoms sound quite similar to the ones I experienced, and continue to. Just walk a tight line, and try not to to let it consume your every waking hour.