brain enzymes

brendan

so i've been taking digestive enzymes to good effect.  But what about brain enzymes?  Could enzyme lack be a factor in hppd?  Cos i'm lazy i've pasted this paragraph from another thread which explains my enzyme background:

[enzymes, on top of my other supps make me] spectacularly clear headed and awake.  My visuals are not very severe anyway so i'm not a great guinea pig for that.  My issues are mainly brain fog/fatigue and head sensations/pressure.  I had brain fog before hppd tho, so maybe i have a leaky gut or some enzyme insufficiency so undigested food is entering my blood which is left for cellular detoxing rather than gut detoxing.  With all that crap in my system my brain maybe wasnt able to process the psychedelic experience and so hppded me from very low dose of mushrooms.  All the supps seem to have the same effect but boost each other - just clearing up my head and grounding me.  It seems strange they are so similar in effect, which suggests either they are working on the same mechanism (poss calcium-glutamate) or just different ways that just end up in generally feeling better.  But now the enzymes are so good, im thinking maybe that is the connection.  All my supps are enzyme cofactors - coincidence?

My supps after long trial and error:

vit d 5000iu

vit b bulkpowders formula (uk)

magnesium oxide (quarter teaspoon)

acetylcysteine (half teaspoon)

enzymes.

If i were to recommend one it would be the enzymes, tho the other ones are enzyme cofactors so maybe they work as a group.  I am on nattokinase, serrapeptase, and solgar digestive enzymes.  I think it is the solgar that has the most effect tho its hard to tell.

• Upvote 1