How long before too long?

mbellamy09

I ask myself this question almost every day.

Every case is different and has variables.

Some people pro long their recover by continuing drug usage and unhealthy habits whilist others adopt healthy directions to encourage recovery.

Like all I wish this shit came with an expiry date but unfortunately it will take as long as it takes.

My approach is to look after myself the best I can and at least that way you are giving yourself a decent chance to heal.

After my onset I have done the following things;

Quit alcohol

Quit smoking

Quit all rec drugs

Quit caffeine

Introduced a healthy diet

Exercise regularly

I don't know if any of this helps my recovery for certain but I want to try and hope. I don't judge others who do things different or have alternative views. I pray and hope everyone gets well.

• Upvote 1

With all the long timers on this board, there is no specific time frame when your HPPD will go away. And it´s never too late for recovery. I thought it would never end after 12 years.

I've been reading a few posts about estimated normal recovery is like 3 months-5 years. Obviously not measured in any way shape or form though. That leads to the question of how long do you guys think someone could have this before it's "to late" to recover?

Been giving this one a lot of thought. 

Time is required to heal but if you don't get all the parts to fix the engine, it won't run right until you do.  So people have suffered a long time and then got better once they found some sort of 'key'.  And keys are as unique as are individuals.

It also seems that as long as the condition is dynamic (symptoms change) then that is particularly good news that one can get better.

So one should not give up hope or trying.  However, after a while, a person should give most of their attention to enjoying the good parts of life that they do have available.  To lose years of life without other rewards would be tragic.  But it is also too common for chronic problems.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Took me 5 years and it felt like to long. any length of time living with some fucking jailer issue like HPPD is long enough. Just keep your nose clean.

HPPD is like cooking eggs,  turn the stove on, put them in pan and hope for the best.  Sometimes they come out burnt, sometimes they come out perfect. 

What a fucking gamble.

• Upvote 1

Going on my 6th year and unfortunately visuals and DP seem to be getting progressively worse. They were at least stabilized before I had a spinal fluid leak. Not sure exactly on how that would effect this,maybe someone else has an idea.

Just after five years I thought I'd be well past the getting worse stage

I've been reading a few posts about estimated normal recovery is like 3 months-5 years. Obviously not measured in any way shape or form though. That leads to the question of how long do you guys think someone could have this before it's "to late" to recover?

My opinion is that the largest sum of recovery should occur in 3-12months. 2 years would most likely be the cutoff point in my opinion.

So correct me if I'm wrong but you're saying that after 2 years has past there is no chance of recovery?

Yah about that. The issue at hand is dealing with something in the nervous system, recovery of these types of tissue is done in about that time, most tissues fully recover or scar within 3 months.

Anything else after two years would most like be some form of external remediation. Like for example Jeep Cherokee sports seem to have some chemical in the materials used that acts as a strong stmulant. So they may own it for three years and then sell it, all of a sudden their anxiety improves after 3 years for some reason.

So strictly im referring to just body healing.

Like for example Jeep Cherokee sports seem to have some chemical in the materials used that acts as a strong stmulant. So they may own it for three years and then sell it, all of a sudden their anxiety improves after 3 years for some reason.

Fascinating ... More info please.

The Power of hope has no time lines or expiry dates especially on our capsules that our energy lives in. Mankind has no idea how complexed our brains are including everyone on this site considering we only use roughly 10 to 15 percent of it. I think as a whole most people are unique and react differently in terms of severing symptoms or reducing them drastically free from suffering. I believe personally in hope, strength, and humanity while respecting ourselves and others like part of a culture having a drive with passion while working with health care and professionals anything can be achieved at anytime. We need to carry the torch of Successful stories with hopeful individuals that achieved this to pass the same torch down the line so all of us can exalt in triumph consensusly from this unknown phenomenon called fuck-off h.p.p.d.

To the peeps that don't kno me I have had this disorder for 25 years almost consecutively I say this because it went away for around six years then came back. However we are all unique and different that's where the word diversity comes from. I don't know what the heck is going on but its been one big mind fuck unheavenly sent. Please excuse my French but u could only imagine after my duration with h.p.p.d. one can get irritable from time to time. Sometimes I feel I'm living in a dialectical psychosis from my shroom shronk trip smothered with l.s.d. that has manifested into a mutated chronic mental disorder. Anyhoot I'm not a theorists and my Hope will still float across these treacherous seas while possibly snagging a genie lamp hidden in the bottom of the ocean while the world turns out the light for me to make my self explanatory wish.. Good luck every one and keep ur hope afloat. Hppdnow25longyears!!