Guided Imagery recording for dealing with HPPD

Hppdsince1974

Folks ---

I have arranged for my therapist who worked with me on my PTSD from HPPD (and other stuff) to make a guided imagery/meditation recording.  His work has helped me tremendously in the past.  I'd like to have a couple of people try it before it "goes public" and get some feedback: did you find it helpful, any suggestions, etc.

After we finalize it, I will make it available to any HPPD sufferer on the forum who can't afford to buy it.  For those who can afford to pay the good Dr., a link to his site will be provided.

Please send me a PM if you would like an advance copy in order to review it with me.

Good luck out there!

• Upvote 5

I'm kind of surprised not to get more replies to the post, or many requests for the recording.  What are your thoughts?  Does this seem of interest, or is there something about it that you feel is missing the mark?

I could really use your feedback, I'm thinking of putting some work in to editing, and then posting to YouTube and would like the thoughts of the folks here.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

if you can send me the link i'll give it a whirl

on a somewhat related aside... a friend of mine has been dabbling in buddhism and the monk who runs the temple he's been going to gave him some meditation instructions that just happened to correlate exactly with the method for controlling my visuals that I've worked out.. it all came down to first finding your visual (or spiritual) center.. and then instead of trying to observe it directly observe its surroundings and spin it. the guy actually used the same exact wording i do.. find the center and spin it.. feels good to know others out their could understand what i mean by that.

how that relates to this guided meditation i couldnt tell you yet without trying it but overall i find my method helps tone things down so will see how that works combined or compared to my own way

• Upvote 2

Sorry, I haven't been on the forum for a bit.  Best way to get a copy is to PM me.  I will "go public" with it more widely but for now just send me a note.

So, to anyone curious about what this is, it's a psychologist (one of my many ex therapists) talking through a semi-hypnotic meditation on managing your state of mind with respect to having HPPD.  It's not going to eliminate any symptoms, exactly - it's about helping you deal with having symptoms. 

It's very calming, at least for most folks.  One person had some discomfort around the way the recording talks about breathing - but everyone's different.  Think of it as light hypnosis, geared to reducing stress, giving you new ways to think about experiencing the symptoms of HPPD, and giving you mental tools to get through it, and get on with your life.

Probably next week, I'll post something referring people to the psychologist's website, and those who can afford the recording may want to purchase it.  Anyone who cannot afford it can still get it from me.

if you can send me the link i'll give it a whirl

on a somewhat related aside... a friend of mine has been dabbling in buddhism and the monk who runs the temple he's been going to gave him some meditation instructions that just happened to correlate exactly with the method for controlling my visuals that I've worked out.. it all came down to first finding your visual (or spiritual) center.. and then instead of trying to observe it directly observe its surroundings and spin it. the guy actually used the same exact wording i do.. find the center and spin it.. feels good to know others out their could understand what i mean by that.

how that relates to this guided meditation i couldnt tell you yet without trying it but overall i find my method helps tone things down so will see how that works combined or compared to my own way

Nice! I like it !

I'm not sure I know what you mean, but I like it!

PM me for a link to the MP3.

• 2 months later...

i'm definitely interested in this, my mum gave me a cd that she got from her councilor for dealing with stress and anxiety called 'getting the most from relaxation'. i havent had a chance to try it yet but this seems more like it as it is geared towards HPPD specifically! the one i have is fairly generic i think and just handed out to anyone that mentions anxiety haha