Potential Application of Vanilloids?

Hey guys, I just wanted to post this before I forgot, unfortunately I don't have the time to view it in its entirety as I have finish some articles and do some studying, but I found this highly interesting: 

http://www.slideshare.net/AakratiGupta1/ppt-on-vanilloid-receptors

Potential applications from research on vanilloid 'receptors' and vanilloids - it seems to affect brain inflammation as well as affect Dopamine and has some interesting effects in the brain/nervous system (similar to CBD1 receptors), thus could potentially hold value in fear/anxiety problems. 

I'd like to get full access of this: http://pubs.acs.org/doi/pdf/10.1021/jm00070a002

I'm still searching for things that can help me - I believe my problems lie within NMDA because the weekend that I believe made HPPD stick with me incorporated abuse of tons of NMDA-antagonists; perhaps serotonin as well, but I find conflicting results in how MDMA affects the serotonergic system. I thought I had acetylcholine problems due to being laced with PCP/embalming fluid, yet that only has moderate anti-cholinergic activity and very potent NMDA-antagonism. Pregnenolone is an option, as is collagen/gelatin and glycine (bone broth and gelatinous meat).

Hope this catches the eyes of some of you intelligent members!

• Upvote 1

Ahh intersting indeed Though decreasing neuroinflammation has done nothing for me personally alas.. Perhaps curcumin (LongVida; most bioavailable brand) isn't potent enough though.

As for your article, if you post a request in /r/scholar, there's a kind fella over there who can get you it.

As for NMDA; keep an eye out for developments on NRX-1074. Soon as the structure is known, you can expect a group buy for it.
Also, as a side note; serotonergic injury of MDMA is alpha7nAChR-dependent. More about that later; trying to work on that, but it does interact with cholinergic systems.
You might be interested in my recent Reddit post; covers new candidates to look out for.

Given your success with LLLT, I'd suggest you try tDCS if you haven't already. And I'm just gonna assume you're also going to try NSI-189?
Anyways; thanks for sharing.
Cheers!

funny you should say that.  I just made myself a winter brew (black tea, a teaspoon of turmeric, plus about a quarter teaspoon each of whatever powders i had in the cupboard - fennel, black pepper, clove, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom) sweetened with xylitol and fattened with cream.  It tasted very nice, but was also pleased with its fortifying effect, similar but additional to nac (which is also an nmda affecting antioxidant).

Ahh intersting indeed Though decreasing neuroinflammation has done nothing for me personally alas.. Perhaps curcumin (LongVida; most bioavailable brand) isn't potent enough though.

I would personally try different forms (I'll look into LongVida): I won't use the ones with piperidine - I just received a sample from IntegrativePro of their brand called TheraCurmin - it is actually water dispersible. It has been tested clinically, I believe, and found to be much more bioavailable than other forms. Also, it seems as though the effects of Curcumin occur over a long period of time through reduction of inflammation and brain plaques and so on, and thus we probably wouldn't notice an effect after using it even for a week or so.

As for your article, if you post a request in /r/scholar, there's a kind fella over there who can get you it.

Thanks!

As for NMDA; keep an eye out for developments on NRX-1074. Soon as the structure is known, you can expect a group buy for it.

Also, as a side note; serotonergic injury of MDMA is alpha7nAChR-dependent. More about that later; trying to work on that, but it does interact with cholinergic systems.

You might be interested in my recent Reddit post; covers new candidates to look out for.

Thanks, I'll look into that compound. I'll look at the Reddit post, and thanks for the info on the MDMA-cholinergic system link; perhaps that's why when I was eating eggs and taking ALCAR (when I first started LLLT) I felt so good...

Given your success with LLLT, I'd suggest you try tDCS if you haven't already. And I'm just gonna assume you're also going to try NSI-189?

Anyways; thanks for sharing.

Cheers!

Yeah, I wish I never stopped LLLT for those 6 weeks because, although my HPPD wasn't cured, it was drastically reduced, and after stopping for so long it came back possibly even worse (though I suspect mold toxins, stress, EMF (I don't want this to start into a debate about this, but I suggest everyone read Dr. Robert O. Becker's bibliography and books), and other things to be at play here). Currently started LLLT again with a mix of 850nm and 630nm; I'll be adding intranasal light (did 10 days of this but it was too early to tell); acupoints stimulated with 630nm, and maybe aural acupoints. I'd suggest you give LLLT a second go but start with a real small amount of time per spot, like 15s per spot, and do it every other day. If no progress is made, then 30s, then 60s, and so on. As long as it's not harming you, there's nothing to lose.

I'll try tdcs - I have a kit that I never even used, mainly because I don't have anything that will hold the electrodes tightly in place. I may give it a try though, replicating some depression studies that used 20 minutes, 5 days in a row. 

funny you should say that.  I just made myself a winter brew (black tea, a teaspoon of turmeric, plus about a quarter teaspoon each of whatever powders i had in the cupboard - fennel, black pepper, clove, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom) sweetened with xylitol and fattened with cream.  It tasted very nice, but was also pleased with its fortifying effect, similar but additional to nac (which is also an nmda affecting antioxidant).

Sounds interesting. I'm interested in some brews such as this. I'm thinking about using Dave Asprey's Upgraded Vanilla powder in my coffee daily. I need to save up money, though. My next purchases are the Fisher Wallace CES device and the EmWave2 Desktop unit (with all the games and what not to make it really intense). I kind of agree with Dave where he said one should first focus on enhancing emotional control and resilience before drastically increasing brain power - it really makes sense when you see all the manic episodes that are created on certain sites from different compounds, and I don't know about you, but my HPPD also causes severe anxiety, panic, fear, irritability, etc. and I was never like that before; I don't want to do things that make me uncontrollably energized and confident without being capable of inhibiting that, haha. Thanks for your lil' recipe!

I might add that there is even another Curcumin formulation, called BCM-95, that also comes with the turmeric/curcumin essential oils, which other forms usually don't incorporate. Here are their references of the curcumin essential oils (they also have a page for curcumin itself):

http://www.bcm95.com/php/ess_ref.php

Also, here's a brief set of info on it:

"BCM-95 is 100% pure extract of turmeric extract standardized to

• Curcumin
  • Demethoxy Curcumin
  • Bis-Demethoxy Curcumin
  • Essential Oils of turmeric rhizome

Essential Oils used in BCM-95 are extracted using double steam distillation. Contents of Essential Oils are 7-9% with ar-tumerone,α-tumerone and β-tumerone around 50%. Some of the other Essential Oils those are present in BCM-95:

• Ar-curcumene
  • α-curcumene
  • Zingeberene
  • β-sesuiphellandrine
  • β-atlantone
  • Germacrone"

• 4 months later...