Crazy thought?

mbellamy09

Anyone else think they're legitimately going crazy? I know people have had it far longer than five years and honestly the visual stuff I can deal with the dp/dr i feel is legitimately driving me insane. At some point in time I will not be able to deal with it unless something changes and no doctors listen to what med's might help. At a stand still

• Upvote 4

Yes, ever since my condition worsened I've feared going demented or insane on a daily basis. So much noise in my head (random stuff like "it's raining gold" when it's not even raining). Previously I had intrusive thoughts that were manageable, but now, coupled with a worsening of cognition and heavier perceptual shifts, it's becoming a real burden. And I too find myself thinking on a frequent basis: " I don't know how much longer I can put up with this shit ".

I feel like I'm at the end of the line.. the only things I might hope to be able to improve my situation are pharmacological, and of those I've very few ideas left.
So I catch myself thinking: " Well, if this doesn't work, I'm utterly screwed".

Well.. in any case you could always try Clonazepam. I'm keeping that as a last resort, but you may want to look in to it if you're having a hard time getting through the day.
Also, fear of insanity is common with DP, so you're not alone with that. Other than that, try to keep yourself occupied. Even if it's merely watching TV series.
And, doctors can be a real pain. Some may require a lot of persistence before they give in, so try to keep pushing. Good luck.

• Upvote 2

I've been living like this for 15 years and it's been far from easy. It's a miracle I'm still alive and dream for the day when I'm released from this nightmare. Even if I could enjoy one day, just one day of normalcy before I die then the wait after all theses many painful years would have been worth it.

Try getting a nutraceutical called celevista , a DHA concentrate which is a precursor to NDP1.

90 euros. I think it has helped me intensely with the dp and my visuals only flare from time to time.

i take a medium dose of an antidepressant called imiprimine for stomach issues (its used in treatment of IBS) ... this has helped at least to regulate my more severe bouts of depression and has let me take at least some of my life back.... but the i'm going crazy type thoughts never really go away

a trick though.... stop caring if you're going crazy and start realizing that every single person in this world is a little crazy.. i mean that sincerely.. if you define crazy as brain not functioning in a "normal" way then nobody on this planet's brain functions exactly the same. there is no normal. and the more you dig into even the most stable seeming persons life the more you will dig up at least one or two quirks that could otherwise define someone as being "crazy" by someone else's standards. the point is, if you accept the world you live in, flaws and all, it helps you you to accept yourself and move away from looking at it as if you're the crazy one.

Like I said before as soon as there is enough peeps in the world with this disorder it will at tracked the drug companies and the pharmaceutical to invest in a day to day pill regiment for lucrative matters. We will all be a customer not a cure. H.p.p.d.24years and still kicking, 25th anniversary and can't wait for what's in store for me in regards to escalation. (pick me Herc)