Is there any definite way to prove I have HPPD and am not overanalyzing normal visual anomalies?

You stated that you had Hppd for years without it interfering with life, yes?

My question is what makes things different now?   If you were capable of disregarding it for a long time then you are certainly capable of doing that again, no?

Maybe it's more challenging now to do so, but that doesn't mean it's impossible.   

I'm saying right now my visuals have diminished from ignoring them.    The brain adapts to whatever we feed it sensory .

If you don't have anxiety, or worry , about Hppd then why bother giving it any attention?

It is obvious that u do not have severe h.p.p.d. I don't know how u expect to ignore something totally abnormal with the expectation of it flying away like a bird. I can relate when I first had h.p.p.d. it was more periodic which I could ignore it and I did but the severity was minimal then. Now the disorder has amplified into something immeasurable. Let me give u an analogy of my verse. If u put ur hand under tepid water u can ignore it because its tolerable if u put ur hand in boiling hot water u scream because u can't tolerate it despite reprogramming ur brain to believing its not happening when it is. Like this isn't Star Wars and we are all Yoda's with our Jedi mind tricks!! Use the force Gilligan's Island. Maybe u can find the Skipper too and get us off the mind fuck island by ignoring it??

No offence but if I could I would like to give u my tinnitus and out of this world h.p.p.d. for one month to see if u don't put a rope around ur neck that would be my challenge to u but in reality I can't. I guarantee u that u would have a different perspective after living behind my eyes and ears all jokes aside. Trust..

I do realize that u are sincerely feeling what u write while believing it which I honor ur theory and respect it for what it's worth. Hppd25yearsnow..

It is obvious that u do not have severe h.p.p.d. I don't know how u expect to ignore something totally abnormal with the expectation of it flying away like a bird. I can relate when I first had h.p.p.d. it was more periodic which I could ignore it and I did but the severity was minimal then. Now the disorder has amplified into something immeasurable. Let me give u an analogy of my verse. If u put ur hand under tepid water u can ignore it because its tolerable if u put ur hand in boiling hot water u scream because u can't tolerate it despite reprogramming ur brain to believing its not happening when it is. Like this isn't Star Wars and we are all Yoda's with our Jedi mind tricks!! Use the force Gilligan's Island. Maybe u can find the Skipper too and get us off the mind fuck island by ignoring it??

No offence but if I could I would like to give u my tinnitus and out of this world h.p.p.d. for one month to see if u don't put a rope around ur neck that would be my challenge to u but in reality I can't. I guarantee u that u would have a different perspective after living behind my eyes and ears all jokes aside. Trust..

I do realize that u are sincerely feeling what u write while believing it which I honor ur theory and respect it for what it's worth. Hppd25yearsnow..

I used to believe I couldn't ignore it either; that it was too severe.    I used to come to the forum and tell people who said it could be ignored that they must not have 'real' hppd. 

If you believe that you can't ignore it, well then you'll be less likely to ignore it..   It is a self-fulfilling prophecy. 

But, clearly you must have been ignoring to some degree to be able to type sentences and express yourself enough.   

I can't say I ignore it but I will say I'm learning to live with it.

Drinking coffee for years is what exaggerated this exasperating mind fuck to full progression. I did not realize coffee or caffeine I should say that catapulted the symptoms into Battle Star of Galatica's world while having conversations with Buck Rogers!!

My visuals are insane even when I shut my eyes this is absolutely ludicrous..

I have had hppd for 25 years pretty much but not like this. I do know what its like at a much minimal level and now I have it at a maximum level.. Yeppie!!

Yeah there's certain things that can temporarily aggravate the visuals like too much caffeine.    In my experience though,  things have always returned back to 'baseline' and never got permanently worse.     Important to note though that I haven't taken any psychedelics since this started.