Hppd at school/job

Hey everyone, I need some help. I know most of you guys aren't in school anymore but maybe if you have a job you can relate and or help. Every single day I go to school, EVERYTHING gets worse. My brain fog is worse, vision worse and I seem unable to become happy. I'm currently a freshmen at a cool school right by the beach, I have lots of friends and school itself is easy. Besides these great things, school just feels like a death sentence, it has never been this hard even when I had only a few friends and bad grades at a shitty school. Does anyone here currently go to school or is stuck at a Job they hate for a few hours everyday? Do you have any tips to get through the day

• Upvote 2

i work 12+hrs a day sometimes , sitting in front of a computer... the only thing i can suggest is to find the thread of something you enjoy about the things you do and hold onto it. not always easy but i've managed it working this job (with more workload and responsibilities each year) for 13 of my 14 yrs with hppd. it is possible

• Upvote 1

I honestly feel it depends on the degree of this disorder. Like when ur seeing tracers, shimmering, trails, afterimages, that can't be fixed that drives someone crazy and clinicly depressed.. Its hard to concentrate on doing things with all these disturbances going on. When I was young my h.p.p.d. Was not that bad I did not have the visuals like I do now nor the degree of tinnitus. I'm shakn up bad and can't take much more of this. My head is spinning nerves are shot body feels its shutting down. I'm bothered by the fact that the professionals tell u what's going on but no solutions or cures for h.p.p.d. Love the philosophical theories and all but man I want to feel some sort of rest or comfort. I hate this feeling of anxiety and dp/dr episodes. I hope things Mr.50's be thankful u can function enough to finish school and do something with ur life. Try to be greatful at the stage u are in with this disorder which u are able to concentrate in school and succeed. Enjoy and take advantage of this special time u are in and run with it because u never know when it could be sniped..

• Upvote 2

school helped me ignore hppd imo.

maybe it has to do with the passage of time since ive only had it for about 6 month now.

At first, the vision distortions bothered me alot and never allowed me to concentrate in class. Hard to focus when the the words are floating about on the page lol.

i also think to a degree it feeds the anxiety since im in school and thinking "hppd is gonna fuck over my school and social relations" kinda like how you started this thread.

But i still think about hppd alot everyday, i got 'used to it' . 

I think ignoring the words floating around and just trying to read on through actually improved my symptom(the floating/breathing) but thats the only symptom that ive seen an improvement with over the 6 month. 

most of my symptoms were mild to begin with. Today i had a final and the silence of the exam room brought my tinnitus out but tinnitus is easily forgotten when i focus on something else. Its only constantly noticeable in silence/trying to sleep at night.

• Upvote 1