niacinamide

iHerb has ridiculously low prices and have almost every supplement (though I wish they had some of the more.. interesting stuff). I hate to be commercial in any way ($=√), but if you're gonna order, we'll both get discounts if you use my referral code: KSK702.

Here's their Niacinamide page. I've never heard of mega-dosing niacinamide before.. Perhaps look a bit more into safety etc. (and also the direct sources from e.g. PubMed) before you commence doing so. I haven't really read the article though, as I've spent a lot of money on supplements recently and won't order something new anytime soon. But thanks for posting; I'll check it out should I further my experiments next month.

I tried it 3 times, I believe, twice at 500mg and once at 1000mg (well, 2 500mg-doses a few hours apart). I can't rule out placebo, but it semed to help somewhat with anxiety. It didn't do anything for "brain fog", however, and actually seemed to make my vision slightly blurry (a big drawback for me, as I find it hard enough to focus as is). I'd be willing to try it again, however. 

On the day where I took 1000mg I had some nausea after taking the second 500mg dose. I can't rule out the possibility that this was due to my horrible diet, however :D

I wasn't talking about blocking the flushing, I was suggesting doing it to check your histamine levels. I was reading that histamine imbalance can be responsible for the dysfunction of several neurotransmitters. Someone on longecity (I'll try and find the thread) said that if you found that you had histamine inbalances (histadelia/histapenia), that, in correcting them, dysfunctional neurotransmitters would sort themselves out; which would be a better method of resolution, instead of just focusing on one neurotransmitter.
I have symptoms of histadelia for example, and wondered how that might affect me (sexual hyperarousal is the main thing that is an issue for me) and even my HPPD. So I have ordered some niacin so I can do the flush test and find out. I don't know if you have any symptoms of histadelia/histapenia but just as you have some niacin, why not have a check?
Though most niacin is no-flush niacin so it depends what you have.
Just a thought!

I wasn't talking about blocking the flushing, I was suggesting doing it to check your histamine levels. [...]

Though most niacin is no-flush niacin so it depends what you have.

Yeah, but brendan's post seems to suggest that histamine is not involved in the flushing reaction, meaning that no histamine flush test is possible with niacin :) I've read the same elsewhere, but haven't actually looked for any primary literature on the subject or anything.

Yeah, but brendan's post seems to suggest that histamine is not involved in the flushing reaction, meaning that no histamine flush test is possible with niacin :) I've read the same elsewhere, but haven't actually looked for any primary literature on the subject or anything.

Yeah I saw that, I haven't really looked into it but the niacin flush test seems to be widely reported as a suitable histamine level check. Perhaps the mainstream literature is wrong!