Improvement After taking mdma?

Hey , this is my First Post Here. Im 21 years Old and Suffer from mild-Medium hppd Since 2 years. I got hppd After a Strange LSD Trip ( Not my First psychedelic ot drug experience, it just happend One Day ...) 2 years ago i took 2 beavis and butthead blotters But in the First hours i had no effects from it, so i Smoked MUCH Pot and suddendly I got very mild hallucinations and LSD like effects, but is was a very Strange Trip. The Day After i felt that something was different, but the only Visual Problem was that Lights seemed to be brighter than normal. At this Time i Smoked Pot Every Day and After Smoking Pot i now got mild hallucinations.. So stupid that i Continued but i was Young and had no idea what was going on . My current Symptoms are Visual Snow, very annoying floaters, starbursting and colours Seem to be more intensive. Yesterday i had my First drug experience with mdma this Year. I went on a music Festival with some Friends and took 3x0,1 mdma. I Thought that i Would be fucked up today like always when you took mdma. But i woke up and i See an improvement of my Symptoms of 50%. Everything seems to look more normal, there are still floaters , but everything seems to be a Bit reduced and my feeling in General seems also To be a Bit more normal. But how is that possible? I will Never Take any drugs again and i hope that the improvement will Stay or again improve in the Future... I will see it in the next daYs i guess. Does anybody have an explanation for that ? Regards

• Upvote 4

Ps: i definitly Stay clean in the Future. And also a Personal tip: the best advice i Can give you is to work Out in the gym. I live a normal Life and working Out Helps so much in so many ways. I found my Love for bodybuilding and maybe i will be on a competition in 1 or 2 years.

I suppose that to the extent that the disorder is serotonergically mediated (at least for some) a drug such as MDMA which induces serotonin and acts on 5HT2A receptors could cause improvements? In the same way that some people have experienced improvements, or even been 'cured', by SSRIs. For the majority, though, it is probably more likely to make things worse.

Although its great to hear about the improvement, 1 day seems too early to tell. Especially the comedown of M and whatnot. 

It gives me hope that one day I may be able to take MDMA again but i doubt it. Still a hppd newbie 2month in.

You mustve been already content with your hppd to have enough balls to try M. 

Sorry, but this is for sure temporary. Makes me aware of how much info is lost as the community has progressed.

There were numerous tales of improvments, much like yours, post MDMA. But in all tales the symptoms returned within a week. Lack of serotonin that binds to the receptors causing the mechanism of action in HPPD is probably the reason. When you stabilize, the symptoms returns.