sounds like mushrooms might be able to cure hppd!

brendan

Must-be: No.. Homeopathy is about diluting a substance to a ratio where it is highly unlikely to have a single molecule present in a dose.. Quackery.
What syntheso is talking about is also known as "micro-dosing", quite common among the psychedelic community. These are dosages sub-threshold to a dosage required for tripping, yet are still active and able to produce noticeable effects.

I'm too tired to fully respond, but I would just like to make it clear, I wasn't suggesting that dropping more psychedelics would somehow resolve HPPD. I agree, that would most definitely make things 10x worse if that was the sole method.

What I mean is - I am inclined to believe that inducing the kind of psychedelic/hallucinogenic states that brought us here, to activate responsible areas, would be a starting point in tackling what I believe is more of a core issue - beyond simply containing the sympathetic nervous system, which I would argue would only be palliative and not something that has a potential in resolving what is fundamentally going on (I believe the core issues involve the emotional centres i.e hippocampus + amygdala).

I speculate psychedelics (again, those things that brought us here) could be the only substances that could invoke certain areas fundamental to the pathogenesis of HPPD... and I suggest that invoking a therapy or form of medication simultaneously whilst inducing these states, could condition the mind not to result in a residual perceptive and cognitive trauma (I have done some reading which I mean to put together in a post in relation to HPPD + PTSD), but condition it to deal with it.

I know it sounds whacky, but I believe that the answer will be outside the box. Not saying that's necessarily the case, but I'm open to that as an option.

Anyway, I have been meaning to put this into a more fleshed review. I hope to do so very soon.

Addendum: so, not saying fight fire with fire; relight the fire and simultaneously distinguish it i.e. as above - condition the brain to fight the fire (well, learn how to deal with it).

Yeah, well I suspect the core issue (or at least aggravator) in most of the HPPD cases is excessive stress and anxiety. It sounds like this method is one of many ways of dealing with this stress. In that sense there might be multiple 'cures' for HPPD, which this is one of. Shrooms do have great potential for these kind of stress issues. However, as HPPD sufferers I would be a tad cautious about using shrooms as an intermediary to deal with the underlying stress.

• 2 years later...

I love this concept l, but the main trip that gave me HPPD was fucking awesome and I had a great time whilst it was happening. Some crazy acid analogue don't know what it was :x. A week later though shit got real (maybe if I hadn't done a shit ton of Dexedrine/coke/Molly (my friend was dying, this was a kinda self destructive bucket list we were doing with him... Not my finest hour) then it wouldn't have triggered but idk..)