Hey guys.

Baseline

Hey guys, im bobby, glad to be part of the board.

I've developed hppd from a few lsd trips over a short period of time. but have also used mushrooms. salvia, DXM, extacy, molly, nitrous, and other drugs which im sure contributed to it. I've Had it for a little over 3 months now and havent seen much improvement. I have some after images, strong visual snow and absoloutely horrible DP/DR thats gotten so bad i've been to the ER three times only to be told im depressed and it will go away and its also caused me to leave my job because i cant function very well. I constantly feel like im high all day long and its gotten to the point where i just want to give up sometimes. Anyone else have a lingering "High" feeling? My hppd started after a trip that was not very intense at all, but the feeling of tripping just never went away. Im currently taking effexor and abilify along with attivan as needed. anyone have experience with any of those medications?

Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

-Bobby.

• Upvote 1

Hey Baseline,

welcome to the forum :)
Yes many of us experience Depersonalization and/or Derealization co-morbidly. This can be accompanied by feeling "high" despite being sober.
If I'm not mistaken (brand names.. tend to forget those) Attivan is a mild benzodiazepine right? With responsible use it's unlikely to do any damage, and will probably provide short-term relief. Effexor I think was Venlafaxine. Reports are mixed on that one, for some it works great, for others it's a nightmare. I think Visual already commented on that in the other thread you posted.

Any improvements yet?
All the best,
Odisa.

Hey Baseline,

welcome to the forum :)

Yes many of us experience Depersonalization and/or Derealization co-morbidly. This can be accompanied by feeling "high" despite being sober.

If I'm not mistaken (brand names.. tend to forget those) Attivan is a mild benzodiazepine right? With responsible use it's unlikely to do any damage, and will probably provide short-term relief. Effexor I think was Venlafaxine. Reports are mixed on that one, for some it works great, for others it's a nightmare. I think Visual already commented on that in the other thread you posted.

Any improvements yet?

All the best,

Odisa.

Ditto onedayillsailagain. Ativan (Lorazepam) is a strong benzo but it has a long half life so will linger and help for quite a while. Take caution as above, but I find it really effective in alleviating HPPD symptoms.

Best wishes

So far very minor improvements, like i went over a friends house for the night without freaking out over the DR. Visual snow is as bad as its ever been and the DR is still awful but im doing my best to fight thru it and hopefully in time it'll pass. thank you both for the warm welcomes. I wish both of you the best of luck as well

Hey bobby thanks for sharing

I know EXACTLY how you feel. My dp/dr is pretty awful. It's like bad days then nightmare days. And when the visual snow and tinnitus are popping off too it can make for a horrid experience. I've been put on suicide watch after one of my episodes. in a room with a bed with straps on it. Scary shit. I was never strapped down but just realizing I needed to be in that room freaked me out. But everything kinda does you know.

I will say this to you. I have had this for over ten years. And it's hasn't been all bad. I have had some good times. And at times I never even noticed the symptoms . I functioned just like I used to. The symptoms were there but at such a minimal level i could deal with it.You stand a good chance of recovering from this. I was using cocaine for many years and drank like a fish too even tho I had hppd.. Now I am drug.booze and Med free except immovane, and the hppd is hitting me really hard right now. I have nothing to mask it.

I think the only way to beat this is by living well.exercize, meditation, routine, no drugs,Little to no booze and staying busy. Right now all that sounds next to impossible. As hppd is hell in the mind.

Stay strong bobby. I know you got this. You even said you had made some minor improvements. Knowing how bad it can get dont take that lightly. Any improvement is huge. An indicator that little by little, you can beat this.

Best of luck man

• Upvote 2