Applicable To HPPD?

Genervon

What is Genervon?

Genervon is a clinical stage Biopharmaceutical company.

Genervon has discovered and developed new classes of novel master regulators bio-drugs.

We developed two proprietary scientific platforms:

One is to discover novel endogenous fetus stage master regulators that modulate multiple pathways of gene expressions that are useful to treat disorders and diseases in nervous system and vascular system. There are other diseases and indications being evaluated such as cardiovascular, oncology, hematology and others which are still proprietary and not in the public domain.

One of Genervon's discoveries is a novel motoneuronotrophic factor (MNTF), a master regulator responsible for the development, protection and correction of the human nervous system.

Two is an In Silico Analysis platform that can identify active sites of proteins and peptides. 9 active sites with similar efficacies were discovered in 33mer MNTF.

What demand does Genervon meet?

CNS disorders and diseases involved the interplay of a highly complex, multi-factorial process of many non-dominant effectors in an interwoven dynamic network.

Analog GM6, one of the first chosen bio-drug candidate of MNTF penetrates BBB and has multiple functions including neuro-protection and neuro-regeneration.

GM6 is very safe at high and multiple doses (5mg/kg). FDA approved Phase II clinical trials of CNS disorders and diseases using GM6 for Ischemic Stroke and Parkinson's disease indications.

Specific receptors activated by GM6 function as a master regulator that responds to the distress signals from anywhere in the nervous system. It in turn activates many appropriate genes through multiple pathways to induce the expression of proteins that are anti-inflammatory, anti-apoptosis, anti-oxidant, regenerative and re-innervative, etc.

How is Genervon different?

Genervon thinks different. It has the courage to break from the classical way of thinking. Stay focus in finding the master regulators responsible for the development of the human nervous system and other systems. Created the technology platform to find the small active sites of protein/peptides in order to penetrate the BBB.

Instead of using high throughput to search for molecules to target diseases from human genomes, genomes of microbes, etc, Genervon already has a novel family of master regulators, including GM6 approved for Phase II CNS human clinical trials.

With proven function and efficacy on CNS diseases throughout drug development, Genervon used the DNA micro-array analysis and found that GM6 modulated thousands of significant genes through multiple pathways involving 22 specific biological functions including neurogenesis, neural development, neuronal signaling, etc.

EDIT: Only nonpatent text I could find on the efficacy of GM6 There seem to be some referances inside the article to other GM6 studies, however these referances link to patent texts.

I wish they didn't sugarcoat this text. What I extract from it is that GM6 is a compound with an epigenetic effect?

Specific receptors activated by GM6 function as a master regulator that responds to the distress signals from anywhere in the nervous system. It in turn activates many appropriate genes through multiple pathways to induce the expression of proteins that are anti-inflammatory, anti-apoptosis, anti-oxidant, regenerative and re-innervative, etc.

I'd like to see those laymens terms translated to actual neurobiological terms. "Distress signals"? What's that? Neurons firing? Amygdala-specific activity? Disinhibition? A bit too unspecific for my taste.

I'll do some searches on this, as it seems interesting. But I find the language used, to be advertising and suspicious. Sounds very multifaceted, so much so that it seems a fantasy drug.

GM6 modulated thousands of significant genes through multiple pathways

Do you really want thousands of genes to be modulated? The whole point of "classical thinking" is the implication of specificity; target specific mechanisms/receptors/regions that are out of balance, and then add adjunctive agents for improvement.

That said, let me look further into this before making more accusations.

Thanks for contributing hope1 :)

While I wholeheartedly agree that there is an element of advertising which breeds speculation and inevitably false hope in a company based on fluff and hype, I believe that these guys might be into something. 15 years in the business, privately owned, currently conducting phase 2 trials? Makes one certainly pause for a moment and think; what if?

Personally, I'd like this company to be made aware of this condition and if their compound dies indeed possess the neurobiological effects it claims to have then perhaps it could help. Master neurobiological regulators that this compound boasts can potentially reset or reboot our brains. I'm willing to take that risk and the safety profile looks really really good.

I agree; if what they claim to have achieved so far is accurate, it could very well be considered a promising potential treatment. However, untill the mechanisms are clearly understood, it remains questionable. Alas, I sincerely doubt the company would have any interest in researching the effects on HPPD. But you never know if you don't try. I would personally wait untill further research has been conducted, and consider other options for the time being.