Ok,so for the past 3 or so months I've been experiencing dp/dr as well as some visual disturbances as a result of using lsd and weed. I was smoking weed for quite a while prior to getting into lsd but on my fourth trip over the course of about a month and a half. (Yeah i know, went a little overboard.) I developed what i believe to be dp/dr and possibly hppd. Funny thing is, i didnt take much lsd that time around. It was only half a tab, but just enough to intensify the anxious feelings i was having at the time. Being the dumbass that i am, i decided to smoke some pot halfway through the trip to try and chill out. To no avail. On my way home that night i noticed a halo around a traffic light. Didnt think toomuch about it. Figured id sleep it off. The next day i woke up and felt totally strange. Didnt recognise my own hands or face in the mirror. Freaked me the fuck out. I also noticed tracers when i would move my hands. Over the course of the next 2 months, the tracing of my hands went away and the dp lessened slightly but i started to develop starbursting vision, at first it was at night, then it started happening during the day. I am also getting after images of these bright lights reflecting off of cars and shiny objects. The starbursts have slowly changed and gotten worse over the past month and a half and ive just about had it. Life is unbearable right now especially with the dp/dr and loss of my sense of self and personality. I have no motivation and havent been happy in the past 3 months. I feel like im losing it. I should also mention that at night when i look at a light and divert my eyes, i get traces. The same thing also hapoens when i wave my phone in front of my face. If i want to i can also make the floor morph if i stare long enough. My question to you guys is , do you think i have hppd? Will this shit subside in the near future? I cant take this anymore. The thing that worries me the most is the starbursting is getting worse every week even with complete sobriety and the dp still hasnt gone away. And finally i was also diagnosed with lyme disease and this shit started 1 week into my antibiotic treatment. At this point, basically all my physical lyme symptoms are gone but this dp/ visual disturbances are persisting. I just dont know what the hell is causing what. Please provide me with some insight or perspective guys. My life is a nightmare. Will this get better?

Certainly sounds like HPPD. Will it subside? Maybe. But you have to be prepared that it might not. Stress and anxiety may be making it worse but I would definitely seek a proper diagnosis and possibly medication, if only to help you out in the short term.

Although, I should add that if these are your only symptoms it might be that you have what I've heard described here as 'mild' or pre-HPPD' (Jay?). Stay away from the drugs and continue to live a healthy lifestyle and try not to obsess and ruminate on this and you may find that things improve.

Staying sober is important as any substance can agrivate HPPD but anxiety is also known to contribute to just about every mental disorder, find a way to relax. A lot of people give up their regular activities and try to wait HPPD out I thnk this strategy is counterproductive, fill your time with interesting or fun things so you can stop worrying about hppd. Its hard to find motivation right now but force yourself to be productive and I guarantee you will see progress.

• 3 weeks later...

I reckon the most important thing for anyone at this early stage is to stay sober, and try not to think about it. As impossible as that probably sounds.... But right now really it.sounds as though you are doing what I did and obsess over it which will make it worse! Once I stopped letting the scary stuff distract me from whatever I was doing at the time it got easier and that's when my recover began. Hobbys are so important now as well! Keep busy u may have already noticed that when you are enjoying something you forget about it for abit. And as difficult as it might be try not to surf this forum constantly (sorry guys :P) its incredibly useful to anyone that doesn't know what's going on to realise it's hppd, and for tips, and even to get into when u have gotten over the worst of it but during this beginning phase constant research on why and how and all the rest of it is just a reminder and counterproductive I find, if it's constant like mine was anyway. Hope i helped abit :P 

• Upvote 1