A few questions about your HPPD

Puppeteer

Hi! I wanted to ask a few questions, partially out of curiosity but also to further establish any potential prerequisites/risk factors in HPPD development. This is stuff most people have disclosed elsewhere but I thought it might be useful to have it all in one place. Sorry if there's already a thread like this. This is rough so suggestions for other questions that might be good to ask are very welcome.

1. At what age did you first develop HPPD?

2. What drugs had you used prior to it, and how often?

3. Which substance most likely triggered your HPPD?

4. Had you experienced any mental health, cognitive or visual issues prior? Which?

• Upvote 7

1. between 15 and 17.... Hard to say when it went from seeing stuff and feeling a bit weird to full blown hppd/mental breakdown.

2. LSD, ecstasy, weed, speed.

3. LSD trigged it, ecstasy made it 100x worse.

4. Nothing that wouldn't be consider normal teenage angst.

1) few weeks after my 16th birthday

2) Hardly anything, things like nutmeg, kratom,peganum harmala (everything of them twice) and hawaiian baby woodrose 3 times

3) my fourth time with woodrose never ended... but months/years afterwards I took some mushrooms which gave another blast.

4) No.

2.Spice, LSD, ecstacy, diphenhydramine, DXM, mushrooms, marijuana, cocaine and an assortment of pills

of these I used marijuana, spice, and pills fairly regularly

3.marijuana (psychs changed the way i got high, it seemed to remove the plateau effect of smoking marijauna, so when i smoked, the more i smoked i could get higher and higher until i had a slight episode)

4. No

1. 18

2. Not much I drank occasionally and had smoked pot probably around 20 times in my life.

3. Psilocybin Mushrooms. Interestingly the HPPD didnt start untill 3 weeks after the shrooms but just two nights after my first time drinking/smoking since taking the shrooms.

4. No

1. 22

2. Alchohol (100+ times), hashish/ marijuana (100+ times), Hawaiian Baby Woodrose (LSA) (once), Bromo-Dragonfly (once), 5-meo-DIPT (once), Salvia Divinorum (once).
    Inhalants, butane gas (10+times), gasoline (10+times).

3. Hashish (oral and smoked, very large dose) triggered the first symptoms, HBWR (very high dose) made the HPPD full blown. These occasions were a month apart.

4. Born with ADHD and very mild autism. Anxiety, rage, sleep, depression and OCD issues. I also had several migraine (with aura) attacks before getting HPPD, between

ages 15-21.

1. 13

2. Marijuana (150+ usually combined with any other drug I took), DXM(12+), diphenhydramine(used about 5 times along with DXM in combination usually), nitrous oxide(10+), computer duster(3), air freshener(40+), cocaine(2), ecstasy(9+), alcohol(used 5 times), and spice(synthetic cannabinoids 40+).

3. DXM mostly and the diphenhydramine/inhalants/spice.

4. No. 

1. At what age did you first develop HPPD? 23

2. What drugs had you used prior to it, and how often? About 10 times of weed and 50µg of LSD

3. Which substance most likely triggered your HPPD? That small piece of LSD blotter 

4. Had you experienced any mental health, cognitive or visual issues prior? Which? Nothing abnormal mentally but always been an anxious person. Migraine aura with the visuals.

OT: Got this about 1.5 years ago and now occasionally I've been feeling myself like I felt before all this. Unfortunately the feeling lasts like 30 seconds maximum... Going to cut down booze like 100% now and see does it affect in any way. 

• 2 weeks later...

1. 13

2. Marijuana (150+ usually combined with any other drug I took), [/size]DXM(12+), [/size]diphenhydramine(used about 5 times along with DXM in combination usually), [/size]nitrous oxide(10+), [/size]computer duster(3), [/size]air freshener(40+), [/size]cocaine(2), ecstasy(9+), alcohol(used 5 times), and spice(synthetic cannabinoids 40+).[/size]

3. DXM mostly and the diphenhydramine/inhalants/spice.[/size]

4. No. 

Im sorry man but why the hell would you ever inhale computer duster or air freshener?? Im sure your a fairly intelligent person who just had some issues, but c'mon man... smoking spice wasnt exactly the greatest idea either. Granted, I thought about trying it, but heard some horror stories and never touched the shit. But in the end, whats done is done. Cant change the past.

• 3 weeks later...

1. At what age did you first develop HPPD? 17 (a couple of months before my 18th birthday)

2. What drugs had you used prior to it, and how often? Marijuana (age 12-15 daily, rare use after that), MDMA crystals (single experience around age 14/15), XTC (perhaps twice), Amphetamines (single low dose, around age 14), Salvia Divinorum (twice, never noticed any visual disturbances afterwards), Cocaïne (a couple of times around age 14, at age 16 I had an addiction which lasted approxamitely 5 months, after which I had quit cold turkey without any issues), Alcohol (over the years, a fair amount. from age 15-17 increasing amounts, some monthly periods of daily use, which at the time was regarded as a cultural thing. other times months without use, or very rare use), Tobaco (age 12-14, and age 15 to this date)

3. Which substance most likely triggered your HPPD? A combination of Amphetamines (perhaps 2 grams) and XTC (180 mg I was told). A very, very, bad combination. Amphetamines were prior to XTC.

4. Had you experienced any mental health, cognitive or visual issues prior? Which? Aside from the aforementioned, not much. A depressive period around age 12, perhaps lasted 1-2 years, after that I became quite happy and content with life. A period of high anxiety related to chronic marijuana intake, which subsided over the years after cessation. Cognitively.. Episodic memory-loss related to alcohol and cocaine intake. A period of paranoia, occasionally with psychotic symptoms occuring only during or right after cocaine use, subsided with abstinence. This came with some visual effects, such as shadows and movements, but they always disappeared with abstinence, and vision returned to normal. Generally speaking, my mental health was in quite a good place prior to the "incident".

• 1 month later...

Realised I never posted in my own thread. Oops!

1. At what age did you first develop HPPD?

2. What drugs had you used prior to it, and how often?

As I've said elsewhere I'm not certain which instance of drug use caused my situation, but cannabis, alcohol, DMT and LSD I think.

3. Which substance most likely triggered your HPPD?

25-I-NBOMe, exacerbated by further use of 2C-B, MXE, more 25-I, and especially MDMA.

4. Had you experienced any mental health, cognitive or visual issues prior? Which?

Issues with anxious and depressive symptoms, but not to anywhere near the extent I've dealt with them since developing HPPD.