anyone tried fly agaric - effect on hppd?

brendan

fly agaric is a gaba agonist, so aybe small doses would help hppd, tho obviously large doses would make you stoned and make you liable to get hppd (unless serotenergic and gabaergic hppds cancel each other out!). If you ever consider trying it, remember to dry them first.

I seem to remember jay tried this, or am i imagining things?

• Upvote 1

Yea, i tried it........ all the way up to about 1/2 the recommended dose to trip on.

Didn't affect my visuals in any way.... but i do remember having a change in my thought patterns (for the better) ... i went for a long cliff top walk around the local beaches and it was a really good, serene day..... I had lots of energy and had a good, positive outlook. But that might have just been the fact that i spent the day walking around a beautiful place!

It's not something i would recommend for anyone with hppd.... I might just have been extremely lucky and dodged a bullet.

Perhaps if you are a long termer, like me, who has kind of gotten used to this life and can deal with spikes... it could be worth a look, just be very careful with your dosage. That is not a recommendation to do it though. The energy and positive outlook i got, i could have equally got with a glass of wine on such a nice day out.

Fly agaric is mad stuff is it not? I'd heard of that even before LSD! No chance I'd take it. And I'm a long termer. Risk would be too great too tip me right over the edge. Plus I doubt walking around the schemes of Scotland has quite the same picturesque emotional impact as the cliff top beaches of Portugal lol.

I studied it long and hard... and from everything i read... the myth surrounding it is far worse than the reality. It's a fairly mild trip with very few hallucinations..... unless you go way over the top, and then you will be violently sick and purge yourself.

the schemes of scotland need at least a few cans of tenants super before they start to look picturesque.

I studied it long and hard... and from everything i read... the myth surrounding it is far worse than the reality. It's a fairly mild trip with very few hallucinations..... unless you go way over the top, and then you will be violently sick and purge yourself.

the schemes of scotland need at least a few cans of tenants super before they start to look picturesque.

mmm tenants I am salivating

google says ibotenic acid can cause brain lesions, but i dont know if this also applies to muscimol. Ibotenic acid is converted to muscimol by drying and to an extent (i dont know what extent - could be 100%) by digestion. If it is all converted to muscimol, then presumably muscimol is the immediate cause of lesions.

A few hours ago I ate about 5 gramms of dried fly agaric. No intereference with HPPD-Sypmptoms so far, but this isn't even with psilocybin with me (it gets worse after a couple of days and not imediately^^)

Right now I feel absoluetly calm and relaxed and in peace with the world and all its inhabitants.

and some time before today I felt as if flying when closing my eyes.

I know I should avoid tripping because of HPPD, but I still love those feelings and everything.

I stopped all drugs for more than a year and a half, but that had to effect on my HPPd so I think tripping is okay as well, even if it get really nasty from time to time, until now everyhing went better again.

Update: Now, after about 2 days, I still feel calm when I look inside of me. There is no trouble like before, everything seems to work. But there is some strange effect too: I am easily getting into arguments with people. There is a wish to discuss and humiliate. Especially with my boyfriend. I really hope he doesn't really hate me now... A long time I can keep those argumenting-ambitions down, but it doesn't work always...

If you read this, what I don't think actually, please forgive me!

Edited by Meadow

• 2 weeks later...

A few hours ago I ate about 5 gramms of dried fly agaric. No intereference with HPPD-Sypmptoms so far, but this isn't even with psilocybin with me (it gets worse after a couple of days and not imediately^^)

Right now I feel absoluetly calm and relaxed and in peace with the world and all its inhabitants.

and some time before today I felt as if flying when closing my eyes.

I know I should avoid tripping because of HPPD, but I still love those feelings and everything.

I stopped all drugs for more than a year and a half, but that had to effect on my HPPd so I think tripping is okay as well, even if it get really nasty from time to time, until now everyhing went better again.

Update: Now, after about 2 days, I still feel calm when I look inside of me. There is no trouble like before, everything seems to work. But there is some strange effect too: I am easily getting into arguments with people. There is a wish to discuss and humiliate. Especially with my boyfriend. I really hope he doesn't really hate me now... A long time I can keep those argumenting-ambitions down, but it doesn't work always...

If you read this, what I don't think actually, please forgive me!

How's it been after another week and a half? Did the fly agarics affects your visuals at all?