Tramadol

It doesn't bother me. Good pain killer. Similar to hydrocodone, but weaker. Biggest problem is that, until you get used to it, if you move around alot you may get nauseous.

I find opiods slightly helpful for DR and cognitive functions. Some have reported the same, others the opposite.

• Upvote 1

I've actually found with all the opiates I've been given they have made my dr worse I feel very spaced out and tired I also get a kind of euphoric feeling was wondering about tramadol as it works on the serotonin system and the 5ht receptors seeing as it makes my dr worse and yours better it's a strange one makes me wonder what is the cause for dr

• Upvote 1

I liked the energy and high tramadol gave me, l excelled at almost everything. But after taking it for a yr. I developed tolerance so had to come off. Reminds me of my klonopin, all good drugs must come to an end lol, lts a good med short term for energy, body pain and headpressure in my experience. Take care

• Upvote 1

A time ago I had some tramadol too. And when I took some (a bit too much for just painkilling) I felt as if my HPPD was gone, at least it dodn't bother me anymore. But I became kind of addicted pretty soon. And when all trama was away, it was really really hard. It is about half an year ago, but I still get the feeling sometimes of really wanting it again. (I got it from a friend...)

I don't think it made my HPPD worse, there were just withdrawal symptoms added.

• Upvote 1

I've actually found with all the opiates I've been given they have made my dr worse I feel very spaced out and tired I also get a kind of euphoric feeling was wondering about tramadol as it works on the serotonin system and the 5ht receptors seeing as it makes my dr worse and yours better it's a strange one makes me wonder what is the cause for dr

Didn't know is was mildly SNRI ... so here is one that doesn't kill me [ "it can decrease the seizure threshold" ] - Effexor about killed me. Perhaps the opiate activity

• Upvote 1

You cant deny tramadol is'nt somewhat of a relief from hppd since it binds to the opiate receptors lol, but everybodies obviosly different! Wish you a speedy recovery. lve been exercising like crazy of late better then any drug, hope youre feeling better from surgery...l feel ur pain! l had a triple hernia and rotator cuff surgery from lifting free weights for yrs, its frustrating waiting till you can start working out again.

• Upvote 1

I find codeine a relief it gives me a relaxed euphoric feeling yet with the tramadol it just kinda knocks me out like if I take it at night the next day it's like I wake up with a tramdol hangover and feel put of it for most of the day I'm sure I'd love it if I didn't have hppd and it didn't make my dr worse yeah not working out is. Killer I'm hoping 8 weeks I can start again I'm a personal trainer so image means a lot and working out really helps with the hppd by far the best thing for dr I'll just have to go really light with extremely strict form Kai green style thankyou for the well wishing man one week down 7 to go

Didn't know is was mildly SNRI ... so here is one that doesn't kill me [ "it can decrease the seizure threshold" ] - Effexor about killed me. Perhaps the opiate activity

Dr Abraham told my neuro that norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors are contra indicated for HPPD

Dr Abraham told my neuro that norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors are contra indicated for HPPD

I'd agree (though I'm nobody ... not a doctor). Stimulating a hyperactive brain doesn't make sense ... although there is no blanket rule on how a person will respond.

I'd agree with this. The experience I have had of an snri (cymbalta) and a dnri (Wellbutrin) are that it eventually exacerbates the symptoms of my hppd. Blocking norepinephrine isn't a good thing for me it seems.

Since both increase NE, it sounds like it would trouble.

Please describe your Wellbutrin experience

Started off allright on 150mg of wellbutrin in the morning for nearly a week. Very stimulated (like 20 cups of coffee) and energetic but with a calmish more focused feeling. Didn't want to overheat much which I can be prone to do which is a plus so lost half a stone (7 pounds to you Americans) ;)) and was doing loads in the gym. Then it got a bit too 'strong' feeling and I cut it down to 75mg but by then I was feeling the dreaded hppd nervous system backlash. (Wrsened no doubt by my physical overtraining on reduced carbs but im a man of extremes). Worse visuals and dp/dr and the other classic physical symptoms I get of fatigue and IBS.

Plus I've been off my clonazepam for the last fortnight so that's not helped. But overall yeah. I feel that Wellbutrins norepinephedrine factor really doesn't sit well with my allready almost permanently raised adrenal responses but It was worth a try. I still took it today on about 50mg and that's about two weeks but I feel like I need to kinda stop. Sometimes I feel like this anyway when things 'rev up' and I have a backlash but its too much a coincidence that its coincided with the Wellbutrin. Allthough it doesn't feel as potent in that respect as the cymbalta did on only 60mg after two days and I had to stop. SAD affects me strongly and in the middle of summer when I tried the cymbalta I'm generally very adrenalised anyway. It's either sad or mild bipolar but there's not much between them really is there. They're pretty interlinked.

Haven't really noticed much in the dopamine area sense but I dunno what I was expecting. Maybe expecting more self confidence etc like a mini form of coke or speed confidence. Which is a false confidence anyway I spose. I think it would be good for general depression without the anxiety aspect and hppd I know from being on here doesn't necessarily worsen anxiety in everyone but my hppd is pretty well spread out so its affecting mines.

Poor show. Sinemet anyone? lol. No chance my docs gonna prescribe that. I'm running outta med options. And fucking yoga bores me.