Your current relationship with psycehdelics

dukkha

I'm rather curious about this. What is your current relationship with psychedelic drugs?

As for me, I find it rather unnerving just to be around them or sometimes even talk/think about them. I know others, even with HPPD still desire ingesting them.

Let me hear your comments!

Dukkha

I wish I could doing them, probably the number one thing I regret most about having HPPD. My friends are doing it today and I am one jealous, DPed, staticy, man right now. If I ever get through this you better believe I will do it again.

None. 1 off a long time ago.

i'm still fascinated by them.... would love to do it again, if I knew it would be risk free..... but that's not the case... so i'll have to make do with beer!

I did salvia last year, the first few times were ok, but the last time was a mindfuck and stayed with me for months after. I think that will be my final trip, of sorts.

The same as Larry... I can understand someone who has had HPPD for a long time doing them, you get a feel for what to expect as you test the waters I don't reccomend it but I guess its the "Ive got nothing to lose" mentality. but (@brokensaint) if you recovered why the hell would you be out with your mates doing more? Do you feel all this was worth the fun you had? Im not having a go im just interested.

None. 1 off a long time ago.

I have heard of people who have recovered and have done them again without lasting visual effects. I would only do them after perhaps years of minimal to no symptoms. That is miles down the road, if it is there at all. Perhaps just a fantasy.

You are braver than me ...Would you not be worried about it coming back?

Sure, but its a risk I would take, you can learn so much from etheogens. About yourself about the world. My Shrooms trip that landed here was one of the most profound experiences of my life, I am one of those kids that spend countless hours musing about existence and its various facets. To deprive myself from mental states that lead to new ways of finding truth, and just have some plain ol' fun while I am at it is a hell of a massive harm to me as an individual.

I believe I am paraphrasing sinatra when I say, I feel bad for people who don't drink, they wake up and that is the best they feel all day. I am just taking that to the next level

Thanks for that, you are the first person who has made sense of this to me... I fear I may have been to hasty to judge in the past. I guess its like a stuntman (for examples sake).. he has an accident and breaks all his bones he may be in a wheelchair for years but makes a miraculous recovery and get straight back on his bike... I guess you can't change what you love. I fear I have a similar affinity with marijuana. I only did hallucinogens once so I don't have such a relationship with them, I didn't intend to take it and I did it all wrong... For staters it was an LSD microdot and secondly i think a busy Music Festival was completely the wrong setting for a first time even the crazy looking veterans where talking about how strong the microdots were that year... I maybe enjoyed the experience for all of 2 hours and then I just wanted it to stop and here we are 10 years later LOL.

Sure, but its a risk I would take, you can learn so much from etheogens. About yourself about the world. My Shrooms trip that landed here was one of the most profound experiences of my life, I am one of those kids that spend countless hours musing about existence and its various facets. To deprive myself from mental states that lead to new ways of finding truth, and just have some plain ol' fun while I am at it is a hell of a massive harm to me as an individual.

I believe I am paraphrasing sinatra when I say, I feel bad for people who don't drink, they wake up and that is the best they feel all day. I am just taking that to the next level

Dude, not to be a douche, but if youre willing to take that risk, then you've really got alot more to learn. Think about the people who love you. Think about how the symptoms can worsen TENFOLD. Picture what you have now, and multiply it by 10. Would you be willing to risk not being able to go out during the day? Or simply be able to fall asleep? Or feel crippling pain all over your body ALL the time? They do help you, and they sure as hell are fun. But it's all in your head, there are other ways to achieve transcendence without frying yourself.

Guest Br0k3nS41nt

We all take that risk, everyone who does a drug takes that risk. I took that risk the first time I ingested shrooms, and now I am paying for it. I knew about HPPD before doing the drug and I still chose to do it. Would I have taken the drug knowing what I would endure after it? No. But, this is irrelevant. We all take risks and I believe what you describe is small enough percentage that I am most likely not to get it, even if HPPD has some genetic relevance. Believe me I have gone through hell to get to this point already. I am well aware of the negative things drugs can do to you but I am also aware of the positive, forgive me for saying that one outweighs the other, the latter has a much higher probability to happen and I am taking calculated risk assessments. I live with the consequences of my actions every day and not once have I thought of my actions as foolish and I an idiot. Millions of people take drugs, many for wrong reasons, very little go through what we go through. I am just a little less risk adverse then you.

This does not mean I am going to go blindly into drug use. It will be after months of gaging how I feel, when I feel 100% better, not thinking about HPPD at all during a normal day, when it is all but a bad memory. Not to say I am unaware of its possibility of permanence, I have made my peace with that.

We all take that risk, everyone who does a drug takes that risk. I took that risk the first time I ingested shrooms, and now I am paying for it. I knew about HPPD before doing the drug and I still chose to do it. Would I have taken the drug knowing what I would endure after it? No. But, this is irrelevant. We all take risks and I believe what you describe is small enough percentage that I am most likely not to get it, even if HPPD has some genetic relevance. Believe me I have gone through hell to get to this point already. I am well aware of the negative things drugs can do to you but I am also aware of the positive, forgive me for saying that one outweighs the other, the latter has a much higher probability to happen and I am taking calculated risk assessments. I live with the consequences of my actions every day and not once have I thought of my actions as foolish and I an idiot. Millions of people take drugs, many for wrong reasons, very little go through what we go through. I am just a little less risk adverse then you.

This does not mean I am going to go blindly into drug use. It will be after months of gaging how I feel, when I feel 100% better, not thinking about HPPD at all during a normal day, when it is all but a bad memory. Not to say I am unaware of its possibility of permanence, I have made my peace with that.

If it happened to you on your first time, then youre really overstating their influence man. And honestly, you know that you are genetically prone somehow to HPPD. Chances are, it would come back. Chances are, it would be way worse.

What youd be doing is tantamount to playing russian roulette with six bullets in the revolver.

I've never actually tried psychedelics before ( my experience from HPPD stemming from deleriants instead ), but because of my experience I'm not looking to try them in the near future. I'd love to try LSD someday, but I'm scared my HPPD will get even worse. And honestly, while it was fun at the time, that shit fucks you up and I'm not sure if I'll ever reach a point in my life when I'm willing to lose control like that again.

I've never actually tried psychedelics before ( my experience from HPPD stemming from deleriants instead ), but because of my experience I'm not looking to try them in the near future. I'd love to try LSD someday, but I'm scared my HPPD will get even worse. And honestly, while it was fun at the time, that shit fucks you up and I'm not sure if I'll ever reach a point in my life when I'm willing to lose control like that again.

Thats crazy man! Im just curious, whats HPPD from delirants like? Im guessin you were pretty young? Nutmeg easily available?

I find them interesting but i now learned the power of the effect on the brain. I do believe that psilocibyn is something for the scientists and psychatrists to research on. I do believe it to be benefitial for SOME people.

I do not think that it is wise to use it recreationaly.

Hallucinogens are over to me but if i did not have HPPD i would probably use E. But thats not an issue since i do not believe that i can be cured when it comes to the neurological issues. I do not have symptoms but i do have the damage there beneath. I've learned a lot about myself and how i work.

• 3 weeks later...