Who here has anxiety???

Gmo

and what is it like for you??? I mean what does your anxiety actually feel like??? Or does it not feel like anything at all?? Whenever I'm in a social situation I'd rather not be in or really just whenever I'm around people I don't know too well I get this really weird anxious pressure feeling throughout my body. It's moslty at the base of my head and also in my jaw area. I really don't know how to describe it other than just saying it's a really tense anxious feeling. I hate it. This and depersonalization are driving me crazy. This feeling used to be pretty persistent when I first got HPPD, but now it's gotten to the point where it only comes up when I'm in a weird social situation or I didn't get enough sleep the previous night, so it's good that it's gotten better but it still doesn't seem to of gone away. I'd really like to get rid of it at some point. Does anyone else have anything similar???

My anxiety is connected to the trip that gave me HPPD. I always feel like one second away from total madness. I have that underlying feeling that I at any time will be thrown back to the trip that gave me HPPD. It's often worst in the evening.

I try to cope with it by taking deep breaths and repeat to myself that i won't be thrown back to the horrible trip. Talking to a good friend is also a good thing.

Yea, i get it very badly if i have to go out to the bank or something or have to meet new people. I'm on the edge of a panic attack in those situations.

Thankfully, I work from home, which minimises alot of my anxiety.

I've gotta get rid of it. Like right now I feel fine. No anxiety, and very minimal weird body sensations. I can only notice it now if I make a conscious effort too, but later when I go to the library to study, I know it's gonna shoot up and I'm gonna feel all weird and tense. Have you guys found anything that lessens it at all??? I used to take Valerian Root caps when it was near persistent back in the day, and that helped, but I built up a tolerance to them so I quit taking them.

Yeah I get anxiety I've always been an anxious person before I ever had this though cant tell if I'm more anxious or not although I've only ever had a couple of panic attacks in my life one before hppd and one shortly after taking the MDMA the latter was by far the worst when I get anxious I feel really sick almost like butterflies In my stomach also I find I feel more derealization if I'm anxious I mainly feel stressed out and annoyed about all the waiting I feel really tense ATM with all the waiting around for the docs and stuff I feel angry too it's shit tue Valium helps but I'm reluctant to take a lot due to the tolerance build up and withdrawal not sure how long you would need to take it and how much to get to the stage where you'd get withdrawal symptoms though !

I used to have very nasty Panic Anxiety Disorder, 3 attacks per day at least, which was triggered by a traumatic experience (which in turn was related to drugs). I got control over it so I don´t have it any more.

What I have now is more diffuse, gnawing and harder to pin down. More like Generalized Anxiety Disorder, being anxious for less apparent reasons and sometimes over no reason. I think this anxiety is more neurologically caused and was masked by the horrendous panic anxiety I had before which was more psychological in cause.

I have it before the "crash".

My trip was extremely strong and I'm sure that the thought of "oh no how long i will be in this world" leaked in my unconscious. My job is very stressful, so I have no choice to adapt to the circumstances. Before hppd i was quite misanthrope and reluctant to socialize, so i put myself in 'social new situations' like a kind of therapy. Face the fear.

My anxiety is connected to the trip that gave me HPPD. I always feel like one second away from total madness. I have that underlying feeling that I at any time will be thrown back to the trip that gave me HPPD. It's often worst in the evening.

I try to cope with it by taking deep breaths and repeat to myself that i won't be thrown back to the horrible trip. Talking to a good friend is also a good thing.

How many trips did you have before you had the trip that gave you HPPD??? Do you think it had to do with how bad your trip was that lead to your issues or was it just one trip too many or something like that???

I think some people just need to trip the once if there's issues there for the trip to work on and It destroyed is past tense though as if its done and dusted which its far from, myslingerbult. It's destroying is more apt and more present tense .cos your only in the door and you've got lots of time and opportunity ahead to better this and alleviate the symptoms. It's not over yet. Your just in the hppd door, it's still ajar.

i had a sort of agrophobic vertigo anxiety, so i would feel very ungrounded , like my soul was going to fall out of my body. It was worse in open spaces - even the openness of driving on a motorway i found very uncomfortable. I always slept with a bottle of whiskey by my bed as going to sleep felt like spinning away. All this was stopped when i started acetyl cysteine. Happy days. Social anxiety i dont think was a function of hppd but of personality and environment, and has gradually declined as i have grown up. That's the annoying thing about having hppd so long is you dont know what defects to blame on hppd and what would be there anyway.

just read this on wikipedia about arginine:

Anxiety

Dietary supplementation of L-arginine taken in combination with L-lysine has been shown potentially useful in treating people subjected to high levels of mental stress and anxiety, in a double-blind, placebo controlled and randomized study, involving 108 Japanese adults. Trait anxiety and state anxiety induced by cognitive stress battery was significantly reduced and basal levels of the stress hormone cortisol was decreased.[32]