Started Keppra

John Smith

i took it for ten days but had to discontinue at the moment. not because of rage but because my depression worsened a lot. there were a few big plus points in those 10 days but ultimately the negative outweighed the positives. specially at this time of year. i was only on 500mg a day, but i have kids so i dont want to kick about at christmas time constantly thinking negative thoughts. im obviously very sensitive to this med. but i was wondering if its worth going down to something ridiculously low like 250mg a day or even less. il wait and see my doc.

Yeah i had an issue with that for the first few days especially after i bumped up my dose, but after about 7 days the rage and depression went away...vitamin b6 is also supposed to help counteract that. Afterimages and streaks decreased...motivation returning, feeling more rested in the mornings and energetic throughout the day. Marginally, but it's noticeable.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update im feeling alot better, i think i was taking my doses at too short of an interval, separated them by a few hours and it's done wonders i think. I'm a lot more motivated, talking and thinking come much easier than they did just 2 weeks ago. Afterimages have decreased as well, not sure how much since i last posted though. Ghosting improved as well.