Going to a neurologist

EmIly

What if we all picked a neurologist in an erea where we could all get to one that thrived on research and helping others and we meet there. We could book him out in say 4 months take his entire day we all show up at 8am let him know we have his day and just hear us out. We could pick one embasidor to do the talking so we don't bog him down with each little pain. How could he look at us and say its not real or its so rare that its not worth the research. I know it will not be cheap but if you start saving now get a flight in and out if you need to.i think we have to do something to get attention. Maybe mayo clinic or Cleveland clinic does alot of research. Someone has already done a lot of research on finding doc's with interest. What's come of that? Is there one we could choose. Just an idea.

My idea was different but similar. Get a van pick up everyone in the states and rent or buy a large house and make it a HPPD safe haven for people who are unable to function or work in society with this disorder.

Your idea is good. ..But we know all the players [..doctors].

Dr. A, Halpern, Metzger, Fadiman, Straussman, i know a bunch of nyc area big boys [i won't name], etc, etc, etc. I could seriously go on and on and on.

Whats are we trying to cure: strictly the visual stuff?

I think just being acknowledged as a group would be great individually we fall kinda thing but as a group they would see us. I think if its a huge practice like a mayo clinic then we are playing with the big boys but we did it in a way that they can not deny us. Each of us would have to call make an appointment and make sure we booked the day out.

I just think if they saw the numbers it might make it more real for them. It would be great if we could have 100 of us.

I like your idea mg as well and I think the government should fund it considering they created lsd. We would have to find a lawyer for that one but even if we lost which I'm sure we would it would get publicity. Maybe the documentary being tossed around could be over hppders trying to sue the government for creating a drug that changed our lives and our children's lives forever.

At the least I think we need to form a group and meet once a year somewhere. Find what's easiest for people to get to. If we have Europeans coming it would probably be New York but that's kinda pricey. The documentary could also just start with a group meeting then go into backstory of some of the individuals. Whatever we do will cost money so if we start planning something now for say a year away that would give everyone time to save. If a documentary could be done its up to us to help raise money for it. We could try to apply for grants. Not sure how that works but maybe pitch the idea to educational programs or stop drug abuse campaigns. Idk just ideas.

Albert Hoffman, the Swiss chemist, first synthesized LSD. The USA didn't create it [did not synthesize it].

But it has been proposed that

Jamestown Weed (Datura) and ergot-tainted rye grain was the reason for the craziness from Jamestown to the Salem Colonies [and their witch trials].

For a documentary, you must light a fire under Jay's ass. I am not a video guy but an audio guy. He has the video equipment and

I have a hardcore Mac Pro Tower, mics, recording etc. I offered to put him up in a house and we would interview most the patients and about 10+ top psychiatrists. This would take months but is the most do-able of the bunch IMO.

For all of us to get together for a meeting would be one thing [i don't know how much you would get done] but .. Taking up one docs day with HPPD, probably will not do much. I think if we interview the best of the best, they will start talking [esp. to each other, the psychiatric community, etc]. And they will get on the bandwagon more if you can draw a line from drug-induced disorders/psychosis --------------to------------>more proper psychiatric problems such as schizophrenia, bipolar, depression, etc.

I can't see us getting together to picket the Mayo Clinic. Between some of the more connected people on this site, we could get as much done [most likely] as 35 picketers outside John Hopkins. We need something that will perk up the ears of regular people and people in the medical and psychiatric fields.

Trust me, this [advocation/research/progress] is a very important, pressing issue for me. Because the average attitude towards the disorder is dismissiveness based on the drug use surrounding it. [ie--we're just a bunch of druggies who took too much].

But in my case, my food/drink was spiked so, as you can see, those stereotypes are fallacious. There are many new drugs available and being manufactured that are harmful, legal and/or have long-lasting symptoms such as dr/dp, anxiety, depression, dissociation, psychosis, delusions, etc. These drugs include Spice, Bath Salts, Kratom, RCs [DOx and 2c-X], PCP, K, Meth, AAS,

Ecstasy [which, these days, may include a myriad of drugs other than MDMA], etc.

So this disorder is not just going to disappear from public view. More and more, young people are going to "catch" this disorder esp. as some of these chemicals are legal and easily obtainable and cheap.

Good point, Sammy. I would be more than happy to come and join a hppd house in Europe or the UK in particular. But it's hard because people are so reticent in trying new things. I'd say all of us in general are in our 20s and 30s. To have never done anything, isolated from much of this vast globe: as Waters says: hanging on in quiet desperation. I just don't wan to get to the point where i've missed the starting gun.

Sometimes i feel like i have.