HOW MUCH WOULD YOU GUYS SAY WEED AND ALCOHOL AFFECT YOUR HPPD

how much do you think going completely sober helps guys I been off weed and drink for ages now and haven't really noticed any difference I never smoked or drunk much I'm the first place maybe once a month for drinking and smoked weed for like a week every 3 or 4 months and neither made my hppd worse only for a little bit whilst on the substances and maybe a day after just wondering what your experiences are with weed and booze guys ?

Booze, i'm ok with and the occasions i have gone a couple of months without... I didn't notice any improvements. In the short term, hangovers can make me pretty bad though and i guess it might be hindering any long term chance of getting better.... But at least i feel like a have a life.

Weed makes me very bad though. The few occasions i have smoked since hppd (usually when drunk), it has had me hearing voices and fully tripping. Scares me to death now.

Yeah thats the thing I like to have a drink too with my bad stomach it's kinda made me stop drinking at all but whenever I did drink It just made my hangover worse like my hppd seemed a lot worse with a bad hangover but then it leveled out with weed though it just made my visual snow thicker whilst on it then it leveled out the next day Reason I say is I might be going to Amsterdam soon as they're closing all the cafes to non-Dutch citizens In Jan 2013

It's a shame that they are doing that in Amsterdam. Not that i really care, 'cause i don't smoke the stuff. When i was there, they were not too fond of hardcore American potheads who smoke 8 inch splits the size of your thumb w/o any tobacco [and waft the room full of pungent smoke]. I was smoking a lot of Neville's haze with an intense strong pungent hazy pine smell (..not every bodies cup of tea].

90% of the time weed and hpp is bad. 30 to 60% of the time alcohol is bad. Alcohol is much less cerebral so the symptoms are more tolerable in general. ...BTW, i don't smoke weed and i don't drink alcohol. Unlike my opinions on sex, i think abstinence is the way to go with these 2 substances unless your symptoms have gone into remission, or your symptoms are virtually permanent and you've thrown your hands up.

Yeah I think indica strains opposed to sativa strains would be the better shout however when I was in dam before I was all over the white widow which didn't make my symptoms too bad my symptoms don't seem to be changing either way with abstinence or without I personally think the key for me is going to be something like keppra just need to find a doc to try me out on the stuff probably gonna go to a migraine doc and play that card and try and get them to prescribe me it

I defenately notice that weed enhances my Visual Snow, always when i smoked i see more dots, and when i smoked way too much i even feel trippy again (not Weed-Trippy) ...Alcohol i even dont touch anymore, you know when your field of sight moves in circles when ur drunk, since HPPD my one only goes up and down like a earthquake, fucking ugly, but Alcohol sucks anyways :D

I´ve not smoked any weed for 6 years so I can´t give any answer on that.

I still drink alcohol occasionally and I´ve not had any permanent worsening of symptoms. It does affect me a bit different than before though. After the first beer or glass of liquor I can feel very drunk a short while after. Then the drunkeness subsides after roughly an hour and I can drink a lot more after. Alcohol makes me temporarily feel more grounded (not feeling like I´m floating in the air) and it makes me feel a bit more "normal" in my psyche and thoughts. I get a lot of muscle relaxation aswell (my muscles are as tense as stone). I´ve noticed quite similar effects with various Benzos as well.

When I sober up I get a HPPD spike and increased tinnitus, which lasts the whole next day. Then it always goes back to baseline.

I´ve had long periods (6 months+) of complete soberness but have not noticed any decrease in HPPD at all.