Supplement for hppd

Funesera

• 2 weeks later...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND CONTACTING A CLINICIAN BEFORE TAKING THIS DRUG. However, I believe telling you that you are taking Lithium might deter you enough particularly if you are taking other drugs that could potentiate this effect.

This supplement, which is sold as the natural form of Lithium (Lithium Carbonate used in Mood Disorders, yes that Lithium), is in fact an active Lithium compound that is delivering the same Lithium ion to your brain as the Lithium the doctors prescribe.

This quote from a 2007 paper in a journal of toxicology reports should explain my concern, and why I strongly discourage taking this supplement without informing a clinician:

The widespread availability of medications and herbal products on the Internet has increased the potential for poisonings. We are reporting a case of mild, acute lithium toxicity occurring after the intentional misuse of a lithium-containing “dietary supplement” (Find Serenity Now®) obtained over the Internet.

Case Report: An 18-year-old woman presented to our emergency department (ED) after ingesting 18 tablets of Find Serenity

Now®; each tablet contained, according to the listing, 120 mg of lithium orotate [3.83 mg of elemental lithium per 100 mg of

(organic) lithium orotate compared to 18.8 mg of elemental lithium per 100 mg of (inorganic) lithium carbonate]. The patient complained of nausea and reported one episode of emesis. Her examination revealed normal vital signs. The only finding was a mild

tremor without rigidity. Almost 90 minutes after the ingestion, her serum lithium level was 0.31 mEq/L, a urine drug screen was negative, and an electrocardiogram (ECG) showed a normal sinus rhythm. The patient received intravenous fluids and an anti-emetic;

one hour later, her repeat serum lithium level was 0.40 mEq/L. After 3 hours of observation, nausea and tremor were resolved, and

she was subsequently transferred to a psychiatric hospital for further care. Prior human and animal data have shown similar pharmacokinetics and shared clinical effects of these lithium salts.

Discussion: Over-the-Internet dietary supplements may contain ingredients capable of causing toxicity in overdose. Chronic

lithium toxicity from ingestion of this product is also of theoretical concern.

http://jmt.pennpress.org/strands/jmt/pdfHandler.pdf;jsessionid=BAECC4EF6D794EC31CADB7099DA9DA29?issue=20070302&file=20070302_061_062.pdf

Lithium has shown to have no positive effect for HPPD, so I would conclude the risk to benefit ratio of taking a supplement that does essentially the same thing would be the potential benefit does not exceed the risk.

Damn. I wish I had know that before I spent twenty bucks on it. I guess I'll throw it away. I got it from a good site, one I always order my random meds from. However, if it could be toxic, and has no potential benefit, then I'll trash it. Guess I'll get some Lions Mane next Edit: I was able to get on and cancel the order, thanks for the info!

No not trippy just some weird shit, that was either coincidental or because of the lithium. My after images were worse but only on certain things. I guess I normally have after images on dark things, but I was having hardcore after images on light things. . . if that makes sense. I was reading all day and I could see the text I had read on walls, backwards. Also thought I heard someone say my name like twice, but no one was home. One thing I did notice however, is that after that one dose I can sleep as long as I want without getting a headache. Which I could never do before. Though I had some beers the night before so who the fuck knows.

I feel it is imperative for someone to try Lion's Mane Mushroom supplement. I have not heard any info about the long- or short-term effectiveness. I'm very cautious of taking supplements but a lot of you guys are like FDA guinea pigs...lol. So might as well try this one. (LMM) Mikezero, Have you gotten any yet?

i would be a bit more confident about trying those lithium supps. A theoretical concern of long term use problems isnt going to be relevant for one bottle's worth, and i doubt you will get anywhere near an overdose, unless you intend to take 18 tablets at once like the muppet in DSK's extract.

I feel it is imperative for someone to try Lion's Mane Mushroom supplement. I have not heard any info about the long- or short-term effectiveness. I'm very cautious of taking supplements but a lot of you guys are like FDA guinea pigs...lol. So might as well try this one. (LMM) Mikezero, Have you gotten any yet?

I'm a guinea pig! No, I am ordering some tonight, though. Just got back from Miami.

So I have been taking a few new supplements. Alpha GPC, a complex that is comprised of Lions Mane, Ginko, DHA, and EPA. I also take a very low dose of lithium orotate because it was doing weird things with my visuals and I was interested. Anyways, in light of all this my symptoms actually seem to be worse. They got much much better for a few days. Now they seem back to the norm. I'm sticking with these supps for a few weeks and I will report back.