Images

EmIly

I don't see the images but have lots of other visual issues. I wanted some advise on how to help someone who does see these images. I can't imagine how scary it must be just the visual snow, trails, and after images suck enough.

I imagine in our lifetime we will have nothing more then hypotheses on what all is going on in our brains. But what we do have is a desire to get better and help one another achieve success in there own lives. We very better or worse are our hppd family.

I don't see the images but have lots of other visual issues. I wanted some advise on how to help someone who does see these images. I can't imagine how scary it must be just the visual snow, trails, and after images suck enough.

I imagine in our lifetime we will have nothing more then hypotheses on what all is going on in our brains. But what we do have is a desire to get better and help one another achieve success in there own lives. We very better or worse are our hppd family.

Are you somebody interested in helping these people? ..Or are you somebody who has (or has had) these symptoms?

You can put a scientific label on anything. Essentially you see things that are not there: hallucinations. The other possibility is that people are seeing patterns in otherwise randomly seen objects.

How do you help someone who does see these images?

Firstly, you can support these people emotionally and buttress their self-esteem. Secondly, you can get the person surrounded by people who can help them medically. Thirdly, you can research new methods of treatment for similar disorders/symptoms.

If you understand what is actually going on in the brain to give you these images, it will be much easier to find a more effective treatment.

I do have hppd but not nearly as bad as a family member who by the way has never touched a drug. Sad I know. This person sees the images and flashes of color and visual snow not sure about the pattern. When the family member brought up seeing a face when playing a sport the other day it spurred my question to you guys. I don't want to bring more attention to something that can not be cured or that ignoring we all agree is what helps us best but I am scared of the prognoses for this person. I don't feel like bringing in a bunch of docs is the right choice if they don't even know what it is and this person becomes a lab rat. Which I've seen all to often.

Myrslingerbult.... How long have you had hppd. When was the first time you remember seeing faces? How long does it last? Does it happen over and over? I see visual snow when I close my eyes and sometimes I feel like my brain runs thr faces but it's more in my mind not something I see if that makes since. Does sleeping with a light help? Sry so many questions.

Hypnagogia now that shit is scary right before you sleep when your in-between sleep and being awake and you hear bang bang bang on your door as if there's a ghost or someones broken In haha and the other one where something hit me with a stick and when I woke up and turned over I see a figure disentergrating into the background freaky freaky stuff lol

I used to see them all the time before I beat them.

I found the scariest thing was the contemplation of losing my mind or developing schizophrenia because of said images. Well, it dosen't happen haha, all you need to do is beat them mentally, take control, don't develop a fear complex because of simple images.

Stay happy, laugh every single day and often, smile lots, be boistrous and most importantly stay confident.

These pseudo-apparitions can be beaten with pure emotion, resilience and confidence in the fact that you WILL get better over the next months or few years.

Keep going, it'll be over before you know it :)

It is interesting that other people have experienced the hypnopompic hallucinations as well. It's like something in my dream will correspond with a myoclonic twitch, wake me up, scary the shit out of me, and i will have hallucinations for a bit.

The other thing is a wake up in a sweat, esp. around my collar.

This i think is related to some form of sleep apnea.

The lack of oxygen can cause hallucinations.

Because of the HPPD when i think about something, my brain packs me full with pictures of it, i even dont have to imagine, its just getting thrown in and always fits to what i think.....I didnt realized my CEV´s so good before HPPD, this just came with the LSD, so HPPD really improved my imagination, that´s even a good thing :D