Ethnicity

EmIly

I'm black.........but I don't think any particular race is more susceptible to HPPD than any other. I think it has more to do with the fact that caucasians tend to be more interested in trying psychedelics than blacks or other races.

I think you are right, damn my curiosity to hell!!

Most of the black guys i know (that use drugs) are mainly into coke and mdma, so we might see a rise in mdma based hppd.

It took me 10 years to find the term hppd though, as I was looking for mdma related illness' and it all led down a different path. I'm pretty sure there are loads of people who have hppd that can't find the right search term to use.

Caucasians seems to be more into psychedelics. Which increases the rate of HPPD in that group. There doesn´t seem to be a ethnic-genetic protection from it though. Take me for instance. I´m a mix of Swedish (Germanic), Saami (native), and Traveller (rommani), but I have severe HPPD. Which I inherited from my mother, who had milder (but quite similar) visual disturbances all her life. So it seems that any ethnic group can carry the HPPD genes, it´s more related to a familys hereditary background rather than ethnicity.

What causes the genetic predisposition is a mystery though!

White Man Inbreeding. LOL. God's little joke: White people get HPPD, Black people get sickle-cell. ......Sorry that was in bad taste but i couldn't help it.

But well white people (rednecks, hillbillies) are the only people you see banging their sisters and cousins. ......Sorry

This is not my night. lol

They say up to 30% of people could have genetic issues relating to the (de)activation of the protein Cytochrome P450 [this is used for the metabolism of most drugs].

If the drugs are metabolized faster, the chance (in my mind) of lingering, long-term effects on the brain are lessened. These ~30% are slow metabolizers. ...And i am not sure if there is a relation to this and ethnicity. May be worth looking into.

Most of the black guys i know (that use drugs) are mainly into coke and mdma, so we might see a rise in mdma based hppd.

It took me 10 years to find the term hppd though, as I was looking for mdma related illness' and it all led down a different path. I'm pretty sure there are loads of people who have hppd that can't find the right search term to use.

I think you're right. I was planning to create a website with HPPD and visual snow etc information and research and use Google Adwords as a tool to bring people to the site who search for things like 'dots in vision' to help people out, but that isn't possible at the moment. Hopefully I'll be able to do that at some stage, though.

415..... Did your mother ever use drugs or did she just always have it and what was your onset? If to personal you don't have to answer.

She never used any drugs. It developed in her childhood by itself. The visual disturbances were static and pareidolias mainly. Which explains where I got my HPPD predisposition from. My HPPD developed in 2006 (I was 22) from my first oral hasish use, it continued developing for a period of about 4-5 months due to use of various hallucinogens in large doses. HBWR (LSA) caused the most of my current symptoms, and the PTSD and burnout I got after that period did a lot of damage as well.

Interesting, may it differs from a Caucasian HPPD,: Asians get Drunk after a few beers for DAYS, they just need ways longer to built off the alcohol, maybe its with HPPD too, maybe worsened only because of being Asian or anything....Funny, im not german (Spanish) but i live in germany, didnt noticed that there are so much germans here :D

415.... Does she still have problems or did it go away as she aged? Did she have any other problems like dp/dr or anxiety? I'm sure her experience helped you if she was open with you about it. Just knowing you we're not alone had to be a comfort. I wonder if for these none drug users there's an onset like a vaccine or an antibiotic they had as a child. Could you imagine if she had ever used a drug how bad her hppd would be.

415.... Does she still have problems or did it go away as she aged? Did she have any other problems like dp/dr or anxiety? I'm sure her experience helped you if she was open with you about it. Just knowing you we're not alone had to be a comfort. I wonder if for these none drug users there's an onset like a vaccine or an antibiotic they had as a child. Could you imagine if she had ever used a drug how bad her hppd would be.

She´s not alive anymore..

She said that the visual disturbances didn´t bother her, she was very used to it. It was unchanged through her life. From what I know there wasn´t a onset caused by vaccines or antibiotics.

Though there is a very large frequency of migraine in my family.. Everyone have had it or has it. Myself included. There was a poll or something in the old forum which seemed to indicate that many HPPD´ers have experienced migraines. The step between them is not far. Actually, coming to think of it, the first time I experienced visual disturbances was when I had my first migraine attack (at the age of 15), though they always subsided after the attack. They consisted of static, photosensitivity and blind fuzzy spots. Stopped having migraines when I used hallucinogens, but they gave me HPPD instead..

I'm so sorry about your mom. My loved one who has used no drugs but has hppd also suffers from migraines and I do as well. Are you female or male? It seems my migraines are hormonal. Seems like there's a link to migraines.

I´m male. i had strong, recurring attacks,

My sister however has to perform injections to stop the attacks. Half´of her face gets paralyzed. Really intense attacks which comes several times a week.