Klonopin or Xanax

willitgoaway

can't fall asleep

Have you tried Melatonin for sleep?

Stress is part of life, especially during exams. Maybe hit the gym or the sports field.... Could that alleviate the stress? Then it is just the visuals.... It sounds like they don't bother you too much and hopefully better sleep and less stress might bring them down even more.

Xanax is not for sleep, it is for anxiety

Temazepam is the sleep benzo. Ambien and Lunesta are pseudo benzos for sleep - and also are known for memory problems (Lunesta can be used as a date-rape drug).

As far as I know, Klonopin is the only benzo for visuals

You sound like just something relaxing might help ... and train your brain to think your CEVs are your 'sleep opera' (bedtime story). And Jay's exercise tip is good.

Yea, CEVs can be somewhat enjoyable, if you train yourself not to worry too much about them. Just relax and watch the patterns form. But I would definitely try Melatonin before any prescribed meds... They really do work.

Temazepam is the sleep benzo. Ambien and Lunesta are pseudo benzos for sleep - and also are known for memory problems (Lunesta can be used as a date-rape drug).

You sound like just something relaxing might help ... and train your brain to think your CEVs are your 'sleep opera' (bedtime story). And Jay's exercise tip is good.

I can attest to this. Lunesta totally wipes my memory clean whenever I use it for sleep. I wake up not remembering anything up to about 4 hours before I fall asleep.

Diazepam works on visuals too, apparently.

Never tried a benzo personally.

I get visual relief from all the benzos i've tried.

Interesting. Would you list each one and what visual affect they had?

Valerian helped me for a while when i couldnt sleep well

It is commonly used for sleep. Unfortunately, of all the benzos, Valerian builds tolerance the quickest

Diazepam works on visuals too, apparently.

Never tried a benzo personally.

Valium didn't affect my visual ... but neither does Klonopin have much effect

Xanax doesn't effect me at all; I don't even feel it. Klonopin on the other and helps me tremendously. It doesn't really lessen my visuals that much unless I take a big dose but when I smoked pot on klonopin my visuals didn't increase.

Xanax is usually used for panic attacks and klonopin for all day anxiety relief, so whatever floats your boat. You should ask your doctor to try both of them though, just to see which one works better for you.

From my experience:

Xanax - 2mg, 70% reduction in visuals for about 4-6 hours

Klonopin - 2mg, 70% reduction in visuals for about 12 hours

Valium - 10mg, 60% reduction in visuals for about 12 hours

Lorazepam - 3mg, 50% reduction in visuals for about 6 hours

Zolpidem (benzo-like) works excellent for falling asleep IMO. It´s a short acting knockout basically. Day after effects? None at all.

Melatonin and Valdoxan (a melatonin reuptake inhibitor) did nothing for me except increasing dream activity.

All benzodiazepines I´ve used have worked for falling asleep, but don´t use the more long-acting benzos if you have sleep-walking problems like I have. On Lorazepam I called 2 people in my sleep without remembering it, when I asked them they said they only heard heavy breathing. I woke up with the phone next to the bed, with the line active for 2 ½ hours. Creepy!

I have not really experienced any visual relief from any benzo so far, but it cuts down many of the related symptoms, like feeling high, floating in the air feeling, muscle tension, impaired cognition, DP/DR, anxiety etc.

Lorazepam is my preferred benzo for use during the day, only use it when I really need it so I´ve not built any real tolerance to it.