So i see all this talk about how benzo's, mostly klonopins, and muslerelaxers like valium help out with some peoples hppd. I haven't seen any talk about what plain ol painkillers do.

I am back from college for fall break and I just found a bottle of codeine pills in my house and i have a hard time not putting them up my nose if I know they're available haha. These are really weak killers but ya know whatever haha. I just blew down one of em and I can't really tell if my VS is worse or same as before. I might just think it is worse because i am thinking about it. Plus I am typing this out side and its begging to get dark.

Anyways... I will comeback tonight and let you all know what the result is. Better, worse, nothing. But if some one has any knowledge before i get to the rest of them feel free to let me know.

WORSE. Pain killers defiantly make it worse. My hppd is most prominently Visual Snow but I ate 4 of these codeine pills about an hour ago and not only is the VS worse but i now have dancing/flickering shadows. I usually only see these shadows in my peripherals but they're right in front of me now. I also feel a little disassociated. Kinda weird.

generally a bad idea but some people like me dont have issues with those besides their normal side effects of drowsiness sorta intensify. the thing ive noticed is that the general consensus is stay away from drugs afterwards. which is great and righ advice but unfortunately i didnt read in time so i took a risk of continuing my hydrocodone use. turns out didnt effect my visuals or dp/dr so i got lucky.

for you it seems you did not. im thinking the worsening effects will go away for you though. just give it time.

First of all, while i don't discount effectiveness of nasal administration, i wouldn't snort anything [..when was the last time you were at a hospital and patients were snorting antibiotics, lo j/k]. Second of all, i think opiates may be effective but not at the doses you took them at. I think if you took half of one codeine and a couple of Ibuprofens/Aspirins, you would have been better off. If you search, there is actually a

fair amount [accounts included] written on this site about HPPD and opiate use.