Bactrim Cipro and hppd and tendonitis

ardvark

Well I told my doctor cipro was messing with my hppd and causing me tendonitis. First time I had admitted to hppd to a doctor because I didnt like either of the effects. So the idiot prescribes me bactrim which is in the same goddamn class of medecines. then I say same effect, so he prescribes doxycycline hyclate. This is all for prostatitis btw. Anyways they all mess with me, and their is lawsuits pertaining to bactrim cipro class of drugs and tendonitis. So im at the last line of defence for the treatment of prostatitis which would be Ceftriaxone lo and behold my doctor has never heard of the term tendonitis being associated with any of the drugs he just prescribed even tho the nurse pointed out his 14 years of urology practice. So dr monning at lexington clinic is a liar simple as that. dont lie to me. So now im at the last line of medical defense in the 21st century being ceftriaxone except the fact I have hppd. OH WAIT call back says that medecine wouldnt be appropriate, so i guess im fucked in the ass again by mr. thats my job.

I blame cipro for at least some of my initial hppd problems. I was taking that for awhile right around the time hppd hit. You can google that med and see it has been indited for lots of things even on the dp/dr board. It caused me lower back pain for a few months as well.

Bactrim is a sulpha-anti-biotic. I am pretty sure it is not in the same class as fluoroquinolone/quinolone group of antibiotics. With the fluoroquinolone/quinolone group of antibiotics, there is fair risk, if you misuse the drug, irreparable psychosis. In my opinion, Bactrim is one of the best ab's, well for the infections it treats. Side effects should be less than let's say levaquin, and penicillin. Hallucinations, increased visual disturbances, and psychosis, I believe are all possible with bactrim/HPPD but I believe should be less of a risk than the drugs i had mentioned. If taken as advised, i believe you should not run into any problems.

Ya, ^ stay the hell away from quinolones/flouroquinolines like and cipro! Toxic beasts

I don't know much about bactrim. Ive sworn off those AB but I know eventually ill have no choice- I think penicillin seems the oldest and safest. But don't quote me.

This is from an older thread.

Well I told my doctor cipro was messing with my hppd and causing me tendonitis. First time I had admitted to hppd to a doctor because I didnt like either of the effects. So the idiot prescribes me bactrim which is in the same goddamn class of medecines. then I say same effect, so he prescribes doxycycline hyclate. This is all for prostatitis btw. Anyways they all mess with me, and their is lawsuits pertaining to bactrim cipro class of drugs and tendonitis. So im at the last line of defence for the treatment of prostatitis which would be Ceftriaxone lo and behold my doctor has never heard of the term tendonitis being associated with any of the drugs he just prescribed even tho the nurse pointed out his 14 years of urology practice. So dr monning at lexington clinic is a liar simple as that. dont lie to me. So now im at the last line of medical defense in the 21st century being ceftriaxone except the fact I have hppd. OH WAIT call back says that medecine wouldnt be appropriate, so i guess im fucked in the ass again by mr. thats my job.

All meds have risks, including antibiotics. Many side effects listed are not ever seen in a doctors practice (be it 14 years or a lifetime). Some can affect HPPD symptoms either by direct effects on some neurotransmitters, or by increased toxicity. Killing pathogens causes toxicity (metabolic waste)

UTIs have risk as well as discomfort ... and your partner can get it from you and share the misery. They can spread to the kidneys or blood stream (sepsis) and end up killing you. UTIs are linked with Cancer "history of urinary tract infection significantly elevated the risk of bladder cancer" http://aje.oxfordjou...119/4/510.short

The best thing to do IS to take meds. Then do stuff that helps your body to cope: NAC for the liver, drink plenty of water, exercise, sleep, eat healthy, reduce all stress, etc.

BTW, what symptoms of your HPPD were being bothered by the meds?

I too had a bad reaction to cipro, avelox AND levaquin a couple years back.

Made my symptoms SO much worse, especially the anxiety, I was down and out for a good 6 months.

I now warn everyone about these drugs, only take them in life threatening circumstances. They should be a last line of defence, the side effects are way too bad.