WHAT DRUGS WORK BEST PERSONAL EXPERIENCES ?

Hey guys I'm new here and looking for some answers on your personal experiences with different drugs and how they worked on visual, DR etc. I'm from the uk so probably going to struggle to find a doc who will prescribe but really want to try something as I think a drug got me into this mess maybe a drug will get me out any help and info will be much appreciated thanks guys.

Thata interesting advice guys I've always been an anxious person even way before I developed this but I can control it kinda well it only really sets off my DR which can be annoying if my mind is busy I don't really notice the dr or anxiety however the visual snow and sensitivity to light are the worst and constant hard to ignore also this shit flares up when I'm ill and ATM I'm waiting to have an op I can't catch a break with this health shit lol

Try and wear sunglasses as much as possible, even indoors, watching tv etc. I did that for a few years and now don't need them... Seemed to fix my light sensitivity issues.

Visual snow is a tough one though.... The only med I have any reduction major with is klonopin. But it is highly addictive. Keppra might be worth a look, I got a 20%-30% reduction using keppra.

Yeah I have to wear sunglasses outside really I can't look at the sky even if the suns behind clouds it's just too bright anything really white affects me tv doesn't though strangely and yeah I wanna try keppra klnopin sinemet these are the main ones I've read people may have success with my trouble is finding a doctor who will prescribe it I went to my gp and spoke to 2 different doctors about this condition and both said they won't just prescribe me the medication above due to liscencing and one suggested maybe referring me to a phschiatrist not sure if that's the route to go down or not I'm in the uk you see and on the nhs not private at this moment in time i really want to move to America it's always been my life long dream so if I finally get there and find a chick to marry lol I'll set myself up and hopefully be able to pusrue a professional who recognizes this condition

• Upvote 1

A GOOD Psychiatrist would be the most useful ... however there aren't many who think outside the box. Try for someone who has experience treating brain injuries (head knocked in car accident, etc.) - these have experience that may be useful for us, other do NOT. Call and find out.

Not sure how NHS works with selecting doctors. Private in the US isn't great either unless your stinking rich - then you can buy yourself anything like Michael Jackson did. The American dream is ... only a dream.

Yeah I'm awaiting to have an operation on my stomach going to get that out the way and I'll look into seeing someone more specific I'll ring around and email a few docs and ask if they have any experience of this sort of thing then get my gp to refer me as for the American dream lol I have hope for it in one way or another I been there twice loved everything about from the weather to the food to the people and the girls lol plus they seem to love the English haha I'm hoping I can cure this hppd before I get to America really then I can enjoy my travels a lot more and not have to worry thanks for the advice though guys really is appreciated

• 6 months later...

Currently Halperidol seems to be wirking well, I'm on a fair range of meds - Venlafaxine, Mirtazapine, Halperidol, Olanzipeine and black market Valium. Of them all I'd rate Mirtazapine, Valium & H\lperidol for now (but I've only just started getting treatment)